First love

It seemed like the world around me completely froze as I stood there, my mind too shocked to process what was going on.

"Ten ..." Luke began. I snapped out of my daze and the panic started kicking in.

What is going on?! He can't be serious. He just cannot be serious. Why would he threaten me with kissing? He's probably just bluffing. He's gonna have to try a little harder if he thinks he can break me with something like a kiss. "Four ..." the gap between our faces was closing in and my heart felt like it was going to go under arrest. I can do this, I can do this. He's going to pull away at the last second, I know he will. "Two ..." my stomach felt like there were a thousand butterflies waiting to come out and I instinctively closed my eyes. "One,"

And suddenly everything just came to me and my eyes popped open.

"OKAY OKAY!" I screamed, "Fine you win, I talked! Happy?!"

"Heh, I knew you wouldn't make it," Luke smirked in triumph, taking a few steps back.

"I hate you!" I shouted at him, feeling like bursting into tears at any minute now.

"Excuse me, screaming is strictly forbidden in the library," said a librarian, poking her head into our aisle. I gave Luke one last glare before storming away. My pace started quickening and I eventually started running out of the school trying to forget what just happened as soon as possible.

"Ha! It's about time. I was actually pretty surprised it took you so long," Aria chortled after I told her that I lost the bet, the next day at school.

"Yeah," I grumbled, trying not to take anything into what she said, "So what do I have to do again?"

"Make sure Luke will go to the dance with me tonight," Aria instructed.

"Are you sure? It really seems like Luke -"

"Make sure it happens!" Aria said as she separated away from me to her table of friends. I sighed and took my seat at the boys' table.

"So are you guys excited for the dance?" I asked them, changing the subject from whatever they were talking about.

"HELL YEAH!" Michael fist pumped the air. The rest of the boys' faces lit up at the subject.

"I get to go with the beautiful Ally Brooke! You guys should all be jealous," Ashton boasted.

"If only Luke was going ..." I said, feeling evil for placing all the attention on Luke.

"WHAT?!" the boys erupted. Luke shot me a glare and I just smiled smugly at him. This is what you get for your little stunt yesterday.

And then, I suddenly remembered about that 'little stunt' and began mentally freaking out while the boys were bombarding Luke with questions.

The thought of Luke kissing me seemed so unreal but the feeling after he counted down was more than real. What would've happened if I didn't talk that time? Would he really have kissed me?

I suddenly started blushing, catching me by surprise.

"If it's because you don't have a date, why don't you go with Naomi or something?" my ears picked up Niall's offering.

"Naomi's my date," Louis said, immediately.

"Oh yeah. Sorry I forgot," Niall apologised. The atmosphere got a bit awkward and the feeling came down on me that I didn't want to do this anymore. I silently started eating my lunch, hoping that they weren't all staring at me even though it felt like they were.

"Well ... You should still go anyways. Date or no date," Ashton said, breaking the silence.

"Okay, for the 700th time, I'm not going to the dance tonight because I'm busy. I don't have a choice," Luke said, looking extremely agitated.