Chapter 21

Beca smiled as she watched the door open in front of her and saw Sophie looking back at her confused. The blonde glanced down at the suitcase that sat by Beca's feet and her eyes widened before looking back up at the singer. "If you've left her then I'm not helping you with whatever was so important for you to visit last minute", she crossed her arms, leaning against the doorframe.

Rolling her eyes Beca picked up her suitcase again, "Oh yeah because the thing I love to do after just getting engaged is to run away from the girl", the brunette pushed past the former cheerleader as she walked inside now.

Closing the door, Sophie followed Beca further inside her own home. "Shut up", she smacked her on the arm before speaking again, "Why are you here then?"

Pushing a hand through her hair, she smiled again, "I need your help with something"

...

"How was the graduation rehearsal?"

Chloe rolled her eyes as she walked into the apartment, hanging her bag and placing her eyes on the side. "It was so long and it took ages to get through everyone", the redhead balanced her phone between her shoulder and cheek as she spoke to her best friend.

"Well you've got to do it all again tomorrow but with your parents and fiancé watching instead"

The college student couldn't help the smile that grew even wider across her face at the mention of the word fiancé. Her eyes glanced down to her ring again before speaking, "I'm so ready to be done with college and start the next part of my life, Bree"

"And where will that take place? In New York or back here at home?"

Chloe sighed as she sat down on the couch, "Bree.. don't start this again"

"Chloe, you have told me so many times recently that you miss being at home, you miss seeing your parents whenever you want without having to book a flight and that you don't want to settle down and start a family in New York"

"I know I know", the redhead ran a hand through her hair, feeling stressed and frustrated that the topic of moving home was being brought up again by someone other than the one person she wanted to talk to about it all.

"Have you told all of this to Beca yet?"

"I told you she has been away the past couple of nights in California for some-"

"Wait, where did she say she was?"

Not knowing why she was being interrupted the college student furrowed her eyebrows as she spoke slowly, "California?"

"Then how come I saw her today walking around town laughing and joking with Sophie on her arm?"

Chloe couldn't help but feeling her stomach twist in a bad way knowing that Beca had lied to her. "Why would she tell me she's in California?"

"I don't know Chloe, I'm sorry I saw them while I was out for lunch and-"

The sound of the apartment door unlocking and opening with the sound of the topic of conversation whistling as she entered cut off all other sounds that Chloe was listening to previously. "I've gotta go, Bree, I'll see you tomorrow", she mumbled before hanging up the phone and getting up to meet the singer walking into the open space now.

"Hey", Beca smiled as she saw her fiancé waiting for her, walking forward to kiss her quickly. "How was the rehearsal?", she smiled.

"You are going to hate it tomorrow, waiting all that time to see so many people walk across the stage that you don't even know", Chloe smirked as the two of them moved into the kitchen area.