Chapter 6

Beca was staring at the tumbler in her hand, swirling the dark amber coloured whiskey around the glass, getting lost in her own thoughts. Chloe hadn't said anything to her since her outburst regarding Chicago back at the apartment. The silence was awkward. The singer didn't know what to say as her arm was stretched across the top of the booth they managed to get, laying behind Chloe's head who in turn was also trying to avoid another argument as she continued to sip on her fruity cocktail.

"Hey! There they are!", the sound of Stacie's voice sprung both girls out of their own minds, smiles immediately plastered on their faces to eliminate any suspicions of their argument.

"Hey guys", Beca followed Chloe out of the booth to meet their friends, being pulled into a tight hug by her best friend.

"Where's that post-sex glow I asked for?", Stacie whispered in the smaller brunette's ear, she pulled back a little to see the lost look in Beca's eyes, "What's going on?"

Beca forced a smile, glancing over to see Chloe hugging Sophie now as she mumbled back, "Let's just say if I hadn't got home when I did, she could of gotten a post-sex glow from someone else"

"What?!", Stacie went wide-eyed at her best friend's accusation before being pulled into a hug by the redhead herself.

"You going to give me a hug or what, Mitchell?", Beca couldn't help smiling then at the sound of the blonde's voice, moving past Stacie and Chloe to see Sophie stood with her hands on her hips.

Stepping forward, Beca wrapped her arms around the former cheerleader's waist, holding her close and sighing, feeling relaxed in her arms. "Fuck, I'm so glad your here", she spoke quietly against the blonde's shoulder, feeling Sophie move to look at her now.

"Are you okay?", she took her hand and carrassed the singer's cheek, furrowing her eyebrows when she knew there was something wrong.

"I'll tell you about it later, maybe", Beca took a deep breath, letting go of the blonde now to turn back to face the booth, seeing the rest of the girls sat down. "What's everyone drinking tonight?", she clapped her hands, the forced smile back on her face, as she gazed around the group, listening to their orders.

"I'll come with you", Chloe squeezed out of the booth, not making eye contact with her girlfriend as she started to follow her to the bar.

Leaning against the counter now, Beca tensed when she felt Chloe's arm link through her own. "What are you doing?", Beca kept her voice quiet but soft as she glanced up to lock eyes with the baby blue pools belonging to the college student.

"Can we just forget about what happened earlier?", Chloe ran her hand up the burnette's arm till it rested against her shoulder and she leaned forward to have her body closer now.

The singer sighed, knowing that deep down she didn't want to push it aside and forget about it, but for the sake of her redhead, she would agree. "Yeah, okay", she slid her arm round to hold her by the waist, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders a little when Chloe smiled and leaned forward to kiss her softly.

"I love you", Chloe kept their faces close as she leaned her forehead against Beca's, feeling her girlfriend's hand grip her tighter around the waist now.

"You are my everything, princess", Beca whispered back and Chloe didn't miss the slight tremble in the brunette's voice when she spoke.

...

The next few hours, Beca and Chloe seemed to be back to normal, acting as if the previous few hours before seeing their friends never even happened. One person who knew there was something going up though, didn't make themselves known, but kept a watchful eye on the couple as she quietly sipped her drink and listened to the conversations happening around her.