Early bird gets the worm?- Erasermic sickfic

(Not my art!)

Sickie: Shota Aizawa
Caretaker: Hizashi Yamada
__________________________

Aizawa Shota had gained himself quite an impeccable amount of responsibilities during his 30 years of life. On one part, he was bound to perform as a reliable teacher in charge of watching after a whole 20 students with each their own personally tailored issued.

Not only was that something to encumber him in his every day life, but he was a well known hero during much of his free time. Along with that title came the duty of always partially carrying the safety of the world on his shoulders.

Some days his thoughts weighed heavier than other, some days life itself felt like nothing but a burden.

After saving Eri from the grasp of Overhaul, he had soon found himself bound to someone else's life indefinitely. Without even thinking throughly enough of what fending for a child would entail, he had heedlessly thrown himself into the papers that would conclude him to be her given guardian.

Since the moment she had perforated his heart with the hurt that lived inside her big ruby-red eyes, he knew she was the only one who could manage to fill the empty space. She needed him, and despite it being hard for him to admit, he had soon realized that he needed her too.

Sure, his responsibility for her had been divided by the help of Present mic, Mirio and Deku, as well as others who had volunteered as babysitters and weekly play mates. However, the fact that he legally was the one in charge for her safe-keeping was a heavy duty for one to bear.
The anxiety it brought along with it was insane. He never imagined having a child would cause so much distress and uneasiness. He supposed her unsettling background only made him fret over her even more, desperate for each attempt to make her feel loved to succeed.

She was his to protect, but then so was the rest of the world, in a way.

His responsibility for the citizens didn't quite match All mights status of the symbol of peace, but while watching his colleague falter to illness and injury, the duty was gradually sneaking onto him and the rest of the heroes in society..

On an early Tuesday morning, he walked into the classroom approximately 20 minutes before his earliest student, Iida Tenya, would be arriving.
His head hurt significantly compared to the day before, but he blamed that upon his broken sleep schedule and the fact that he had asleep at 8pm last night, and surprisingly enough hadn't woken up at 2:30am.

He had been awake since then, but it was actually the longest he'd slept in a while.

He knew already then that he would not be getting any more rest for the night, and the thought had soon struck him: Why not use his time to do something proper and productive for once?

He heaved a sigh, his chest feeling unusually tight as he flipped open the screen on his laptop.
Their first class of the day would be math, in which he would be teaching. Two hours of numbers floating around his head did not seem ideal for his headache, but he had no other choice then to perform.

After math, there was a general 'students hour' in which the teenagers got to work on their current hand-ins individually. He would be available to help if there was anything the students needed or wondered about, but usually he ended up falling asleep around then.

Not today.

Maths went by awfully slow.
He'd made a quick introduction to the new subject they were focusing on; rational numbers and afterwards, he let the students work on their own for the rest of the hour.