Seasick - Iida x Uraraka sickfic

(Not my art!)

I ship most everything that is not incest or awfully toxic in this series, so read the two of them as lovers or friends, it's up to your own interpretation! :)

Anyways, in this one Uraraka unfortunately realizes that her stomach does not handle seafaring very well, and suffers the consequences. Luckily, Iida is not about to leave her side.

Sickie: Uraraka
Caretaker: Iida
_________________________

Ochako had only ever been on a boat trip once before in her life. She had been 5 years old on a short vacation with her family, and it wasn't anything even remotely fancy. Her parents and her along with a small vessel only big enough for the three of them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Uraraka distinctly remember having fed the fish with the crust of her sandwich, and the way the strange creatures swarmed around the boat in beautiful swirls of color and light.
Her father had offered to teach her the basics, the different varieties of fish that he knew of. She still remembered some of them as if it was yesterday. Sea perch, mahi mahi, the weird distinctly flattened shape of a flounder, which was a fish she'd referred to as 'sea pancake' for the majority of her short lived life.

Her memories from the trip were nothing but pure bliss, and she truly couldn't recall feeling out of place on the boat during their time on the sea. No discomfort or nausea, nothing asides from the pinch of nervosity when she'd first stepped on.

Perhaps seasickness was something you acquired with age, or perhaps she was just far too conscious about her stomach lurching in her everyday life now due to her quirk.

Nonetheless, when her class were boarding a yacht to be escorted out to an island for a school trip, it didn't take her long to realize something was wrong.

She'd been looking forward to the trip for months, constantly blabbering about it to her friends and asking for tips on what she should bring along in her bag.
In the morning, she had no use for caffeine to get her energized. Her eyes were sparkling with mirth, and upon seeing the sun brighten up the blue sky, she felt assured that this would be a great day.

Well, that was until she stepped onboard.

The ride was estimated to be around 5 hours long, but already half an hour in, Ochako was starting to feel funny.
They were served dinner shortly after arriving, but Uraraka didn't down more than a small portion of rice before feeling a sudden queasiness gnaw at her throat.

Aizawa had eventually guided her down to a lugar to get some rest in hopes that it would ease the lingering discomfort in her body after watching her pale by the table.
The room was small, embellished by blank, honduran mahogany planks that created a cozy atmosphere. The bed was a brief couple of feet from the door, and a small lamp was installed over it.

Unfortunately, sleep didn't seem to be the solution to her troubles. She had curled up on her side, laying comfortably on the firm bed that was pressed far into the wall. The blankets were smooth like silk, warm and comfortable, but she wasn't able to truly appreciate it considering the current circumstances.

She was supposed to try get some sleep, but that didn't seem to be happening any time soon. It was as if every time she let her eyelids slip, the rhythmic swaying of her body was only enhanced.

She could hear the water lapping peacefully against the brim of the small ship, the waters were fairly steady and there was no signs of a brewing storm. How was she managing to get seasick from /this/?

'Pull yourself together, Ochako'

She huffed a heavy sigh out of pure infuriation, pushing herself to sit upright a little too quickly for her body's liking. The dimmed room swam around her vision, and she quickly reached a hand up to cover her mouth as she waited for the nausea to recede.
It didn't.
The boat was still rocking her back and forth, way too similarly to when she got a tad bit out of control while floating.