What is a hero without his power? - Todobaku sickfic pt 2

Soon, a familiar scarf swung around the buildings, and earaserhead came into view. Along with him, a less known pro hero known as Takeshita.
Shoto himself couldn't say honestly that he had seen the man before. Yet his demeanor was welcoming and kind, and the young Todoroki knew he was bound to put his trust in him today.

"Todoroki!" Aizawa called out, swinging down to the small opening in which his two students were located.

Shoto could only watch as his home room teacher began frantically questioning him.
He was checking Bakugos pulse, ripping open the upper part of his costume to ensure free airways.

"I- he wasn't... he wasn't hurt in the battle, Sensei" Shoto said firmly, gritting his teeth as he felt the worry sprouting. "He's sick, and for some dumb.." he bit his tongue. "For some reason he decided to jump into the battle nonetheless... I... tried to stop him"

Aizawa nodded understandingly, instructing Takeshita to carry the oldest teenager to safety.
He himself simply moved to place his hand on Todorokis shoulder, looking him dead in the eye. He shot him probably one of the most intense looks that Shoto had ever seen, and frankly- it was a wee bit terrifying.
"And you? Are you okay?"

Shoto blinked a couple of times, meekly glancing down at his knee for a moment before nodding. "Y-yeah- Uh, I'm fine"

He didn't really take into consideration that his own life may very well have been on the line only a few minutes earlier. He'd been far too occupied with Bakugo, it had merely slipped his mind.

Now that he had a fair share of backup to act as a security net, he could feel the pain slowly beginning to fester. Yet, he had to bite it back. He needed to get home.

__________

Admittedly, a part of him had expected a trip to the hospital after seeing the condition Bakugo had been in. Nonetheless, Shoto couldn't say he wasn't relieved that the blonde boys symptoms had eased up reasonably. At least enough so that Aizawa deemed it was the most safe for them to return to their dorms.

With the two boys bundled up in Bakugo dormitory, their teacher offered to stop by with some essential items in the span of the next 30 minutes. To which Todoroki gladly obliged.

He settled at the edge of the other boys bed, measuring the temperature of his skin by gently placing his hands on his face; one on his cheek and the other on his forehead.

Compared to his earlier state of being, Bakugo had been rocked further back to consciousness. His eyes were repeatedly switching between being shut and being cranked open just enough to allow for him to peer at the boy beside him, and he eventually mumbled out a few snarky comments that had no correlation to their circumstances.

Todoroki almost didn't know what else he could do other than watch over him.
All he knew, he'd learned from his siblings taking care of him in his early childhood.
He cleared out excess water out of a soft washing cloth, leaving it moist and cool in order to accord it the capability to lower Bakugos fever.

He still seemed far too out of it for it to be any less worrying to the younger boy, even though he'd been told a hospital wasn't necessary.
The blonde boy was delirious, mumbling incoherent nonsense and whimpering as though he was stuck in a mortifying dream.

Shoto wiped the cloth over his pale face, letting the coolness dampen his cheeks before he finally placed it securely across his forehead.

He found himself gazing over the other boy as he laid stretched out on the bed. The way his chest heaved up and down with his struggling breaths, the sweat that gathered on his upper lip...
Something about it seemed so peaceful.