Around the campfire- Tododeku sickfic pt. 2

(Not my art)

This one is hitting hard. Tododeku May be one of my favorite ships of this series, honestly..
In this part, they arrive at the camp. Deku gets to know the truth and decides he needs to give Todoroki as comfortable of a trip as he can.

Enjoy!
__________________
It felt like forever until the entourage finally reached their destination. Todoroki was gradually straggling further and further behind the flock, and Izukus worry was clearly increasing by each step they took towards their targeted spot.

At some point during the walk, the green haired boy seemed to lose his forbearance for the briefest of moments, and Todoroki felt his hand being grabbed and pulled along. With Midoriya helping him along the forest floor, their speed increased distinctly.
The further they went, the more earthy the air became, and the more he became aware of their alluring surroundings.
Their feet were shuffling around the forests detritus, birds chirping and leaves rustling in the harmonizing wind.

He probably would've enjoyed the peace of it a lot, actually, if it wasn't for the fact that he felt just about ready to toss his cookies at any given moment. He had for most of the trip, actually, but somehow he was managing it.

Watching their fellow students settling down in an open, flat area, Shoto abruptly found himself tripping over a stone that was situated moronically in the middle of the slim trail. He huffed out an exasperated sigh, falling down on one knee and grabbing onto Izuku with both hands as the other boy turned to keep him upright.

What caught Todoroki a little off guard was the fact that the other boy seemed to have no intention to let him go once he had grasped on. He held him in a slightly awkward hug, hauling him up with his arms underneath his shoulders until the shaky boy regained a decent grip on the ground.

Shoto could do nothing but let himself be persuaded by his touch, leaning his forehead to touch against Izukus shoulder as he felt his fingers tentatively running through his humid hair.

"You're not using your quirk, right?" The  older boy piped up, and Shoto shook his head 'no' as he pulled back from his embrace with a muddled expression.

Izuku sighed, carefully cupping his face in his hands and jutting his bottom lip out in an assiduous look.

"Oh, Shoto" he lamented, shaking his head in mild disbelief. "You have a fever, huh? Why didn't you.. " he trailed off, noticing the obvious change of emotion the other displayed at being exposed.

"Nevermind. Come on, I'll make sure we get our tent up as soon as possible.." Izuku gently reached his hand out for the weary boy to take, giving it a comforting squeeze as the couple slowly walked to the camp.

Shoto strenuously concentrated his mind on disregarding the looks that their classmates shamelessly shot them as they walked past.

Iida was attempting a operate a pop-up tent a few feet away from the winding line that separated them from the deep, dark woods. He seemed to be struggling quite a bit, reading the manual from every possible direction, as if the angle of the sun would be the solution. 

Uraraka was standing by his side, curiously peaking the papers and observing the tent with a conflicted expression.

"Mm.. I don't know, Iida, it doesn't really look right.." the auburn haired girl admitted, rubbing her finger against her chin.

Shoto eyed the construction of fabric and poles with a critical look. These guys truly hadn't put up a tent before.

Izuku guided him over to the bench shaped stocks that formed a square around the campfire.
The boy didn't make any objections, even despite the fact that his mind was telling him to help the others out. He sat down, an arm protectively wrapped around his stomach as he let out a deep exhale through his nostrils.