Nerves or noro? - Miritama sickfic pt.1

(Not my art)
This is my #1 favorite ship in the show so lezzzzgoo

Synopsis:
Tamaki Amajiki is a neurotic 18 year old. His boyfriend knows this, his bestfriend knows this, everyone knows this. Despite it being well known information, there are certain aspects of his jitteriness that causes more confusion around sickness than usual. A common symptom of his anxiety is an upset stomach and nausea, so how does he possibly spot the difference?

Sickie: Amajiki
Caretaker: Mirio
_____________________________

Tamaki Amajiki wasn't a stranger to an upset stomach. One could describe him as having a typical nervous stomach, but whether the cause was a food sensitivity or simply his crippling anxiety was hard to tell.

The psychosomatic clarification seemed to be the most reliable, and would make the most sense considering his constantly jittering nerves. Whenever a pain settled into his body, the blame was usually placed upon his constant biological distress.

Ever since he was little, things such as 'mom, my tummy hurts' or 'mom, I feel sick' was responded to with 'what are you nervous about, honey?'.
It had become a natural response ingrained into most adults (and some of his peers) that if he felt sick, it was probably psychological. That didn't mean it wasn't serious, but one would usually have to dig a little deeper in order to help him out.

'Dont worry yourself too much, it's all in his head'

However, although it could be the truth, that didn't mean any stomach related issue or feeling of uneasiness could be blamed upon his anxiety. Not at all times. No, sometimes he did actually get sick, and it was hard to differentiate it from the usual occurrences.

Ever since the morning, Tamaki had been shaking, which had lead to him pulling a blanket along with him since the moment he stepped out of bed at 10. His limbs felt twitchy, his throat unusually dry, and eyes sore. Typical signs of a bad day, he thought.
He would eventually turn out to be right, but the whole scope of his issues were yet to be unfolded.

Having to leave his fluffy blanket behind, tamaki turned to dressing up properly for the gradually cooling weather. A shirt tucked into his pants, followed by a wooly sweater on top and a jacket. Then, finger-less gloves (because it was easier to grab with), a thick scarf to cover up his throat and boots.

He could not even bear the thought of eating breakfast with his stomach feeling so on edge, so he left to meet Mirio without any nutrients in his blood, rather than risking something he'd wish to avoid. He clutched his bag to his side as he walked, and let his eyes gauge the ground the way he usually did when he strolled across the pavement.
Ignoring anyone who'd be passing by him and keeping his gaze fastened on the path in front of him.

Mirio was waiting for him at their usual spot, and even though they were off school, he seemed to have been awake for hours already. Probably squeezed in a workout as well.. typical him, a star student.

It didn't take the gleaming boy long to notice that Amajikis body was trembling more than he did usually, and the pale boy responded to his concern with something along the lines of 'having a bad day'. Togota understood, and Amajiki felt so utterly grateful for that fact alone.

As they slandered down the busy Saturday streets, Tamaki could feel discomfort blossom throughout his body. The air was fresh, but he wasn't able to appreciate it to its full extinct. Instead, it only fed the chills that ran thorough his body and caused him to dig his nose further into his scarf to shelter from the wind.

He could practically feel the tip of his nose turning red in the brisk air and the breeze alone brought tears to his eyes. As he was struggling to keep his body at ease, Mirio seemed to be having the time of his life looking through all the shops.