Remembrance

And for some reason I couldn't tell him, just mentioning her name was taboo but it was already too late.

Themis lunged at me grabbing both my shoulders as he shook me "What aren't you telling me Athena?" He let out "Has she come to you, huh," His fingers had started to sink into my shoulders his grasp growing stronger.

"Themis you're hurting me," I let out.

I heard a crash followed by a swift shadow passing in-between me and Themis as he jerked back.

Gabrielle stood there holding back Themis as the others stood back watching.

Themis stood dead still darting his eyes from me to Gabrielle he looked furious tugging his hands away before turning and heading out the door.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled at the top of my lungs as the room shook.

Gabrielle stood still for a second before slowly turning to me "My job," he replied staring out the door.

Nikolay stepped forward "Guarding you is now our-,"

"I don't need guarding and especially from Themis of all people you half-wit's," I let out in frustration.

"You think this is easy for us huh?" Arkady let out "To always guarding Themis to someone like you-,"

Aleksander raised a fist colliding it into his chest so hard I couldn't believe he was still standing.

Gabrielle turned to Arkady with the most hostile look I had seen yet from him "Show some respect," he growled.

Arkady lowered his head muttering under his voice "My apologies my Queen," I could tell he didn't mean it, and I wondered why he hated me so much.

I sighed "I am not your Queen,"

Arkady scoffed "Why don't you try telling that to the people,"

"Enough," Gabrielle hissed shooting a look towards him "If you're always going to act this way then I suggest you relieve from your duties,"

I let out a loud sigh sliding down from the bed "I need to clean up,"

Gabrielle nodded turning to the others "We will be outside if you need anything,"

I stumbled to the bathroom shutting the door behind me, Pulling off the drenched white gown tossing it into the corner as I slipped into the showers washing the dried up blood.

I stood there naked my hand falling to my scar on my abdomen my mind fluttering away remembering my mother's scars.

I sighed heavily switching off the tap immediately not wanting another second to think, I needed something to distract me.

Getting changed into a pair of jeans and a shirt I marched back into the room to find Gabrielle and the others still standing there conversation put on hold as I entered.

"I'm going out," I said rummaging through the closet for a jersey.

Gabrielle shifted uncomfortable "This is not the time-,"

"You can argue with me all you like Gabrielle, one way or the other I will leave this building wither you like it or not," I growled pulling out a blue jumper as I slid it on.

He sighed heavily turning to the others "Get the car ready," he growled turning to me "I don't think the people will agree with you leaving,"

"People," I let out in confusion "Why exactly?"

He pursed his lips for a second making his way to the door as he stood beside it "You will soon find out,"

I marched past him to hear loud conversations in the distance as i continued down the hall towards the set of stairs as I paused in surprise, the entire entrance was jam-packed with vampires huddling together in deep talk with the person next to them.

"What's going on?" I asked fearing the festival was still a go.

Gabrielle leant against the rail staring down at the swarm "Come,"

He walked in front slowly downward as the crowed froze peering up.

Suddenly Bohdan appeared out of nowhere standing on the first landing the half way mark of the stair case.

He cleared his throat as everyone's attention diverted to him, Bohdan turned to face me for a brief second before scanning his eyes over the people "Athena is finally awake," He smiled as the crowd gasped at the sight of me.

One step at a time I made it to Bohdan as he held out a hand, after the way he treated me I wasn't sure if I could trust him. My hand slowly reached out for his placing mine in his as he gentle wrapped his fingers over mine.

"Some rules are just meant to be broken," He let out "Life as we know it is changing and I know some of you are questioning it," He turned to me with the most saddest look i had only seen on Themis, and now he bore the same resemblance  "If it wasn't for you I would have lost my son,"

I smiled gentle bowing my head about to respond but he interrupted.

"Athena.., Queen of our people," Bohdan yelled out turning to me as he slowly sunk to his knees.

One by one they all knelt, head down low hands resting on their front knees in unison.

Aleksander, Nikolay and Arkady bowed as Gabrielle was the last to follow.

I swallowed hard closing my eyes for a brief moment opening them to see Themis standing further away tucked between two pillars.

He lowered his head as he two lowered to his knee.

"Why are you bowing?" I let out.

Everyone's head jerked up following my gaze to where Themis was as he lowered his eyes at me.

Bohdan rose to his feet staring at his son "Even the King must pay his respects-,"

"No," I cried out pathetically shaking my head furiously watching them all get to their feet again.

"It's ridicules-,"

"For centuries it has always been, no one is higher than the Queen," Bohdan explained.

I stood there in disbelief "So I am better than him?" I let out "I have more respect than the person who gave me this, this, thing that is keeping use all safe,"

Bohdan lowered his eyes for a second "Even though-,"

"Your past queens have casted the Kings aside like rubbish, he's royalty...., I'M NOT," I yelled fuming in rage at how easily these Vamps give up so easily on their own kind.

Bohdan smiled nodding his head patting my hand "The rules have stayed the way it was for a reason, it is the Queen who changes rules and that is why," he explained.

I nodded my head realising it was not their fault but the recent Queen who had decided this stupid rule. "Okay," I let out staring around pursing my lips for a second "Well.., Gabrielle Perun is consented to father children-,"

The hall gasped in either amaze or shock, I couldn't tell I was more preoccupied in the reason behind my story "Is this the way it's going to be? Letting the last line die without doing something, for centuries the Perun has protected the Royal family so why end there, it's his choice,"