Damnation

"It's beautiful,"

The breath taking princess cut white diamond ring lay on top of Katie's finger.

"He proposed last night," She grinned happily as if nothing in the world could take away this moment.

I agreed nodding my head, the busy café Katie and Erick owned buzzed with life.

It was a small business hitting major dollars after a few years of struggling, had found its self being towered over by tall buildings and was mainly infested with buisness people on lunch breaks.

Katie and I have been best friends since age one, our mothers being close friends themselves brought the both of us up together.

Play school, High school, college, we were practically joined at the hip. Katie had meet Erick Gosling while in High school and now at age twenty one they were getting married.

Katie had always had her mind set on what type of guy she would marry, he had to be taller than her, with blonde hair blue eyes and rock hard abb's. Like what you would see on a run way specifically made out for women to drool over.

Erick unfortunately had only one thing in common to her dream list for fools, he was taller than her 5'9 with rusty blonde hair that slightly spiked or flattened to his liking or to her mood. He was lean with broad shoulders, hazel brown and grey eyes and the most plump lips girls would only dream about.

Katie matched him perfectly her 5'6 tall thin figure with light brown long hair falling over her shoulders; against her olive skin matching her beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

I reached out for her hand from across the table "I'm so happy for you,"

She nodded "It's your birthday in two days," She let out excitedly changing the subject.

I rolled my eyes waiting to hear the usual 'Find someone for me' speech.

"And next week I'm having the engagement party here," She beamed.

Shocked at her sudden change of subject I nodded spotting a cloud of smoke rising just above her head.

"Geezes Sam what the hell are you making in there," I yelled getting to my feet.

Katie giggled narrowing her eyes up at me "You work too hard,"

"Only because you pay me well," I replied staring over her head towards the kitchen "Before Sam burns this place down I should let you know about the girls outing tonight,"

Her eyes widen in surprise tapping a finger against the table "You knew didn't you?" She frowned.

I gasped "Katie-,"

Her hazel eyes boar into mine as she folded her arms across her chest leaning back in her chair waiting for my responce.