Conspiracy

I rushed down the hall to see the guards standing by Themis’s bedroom door and amongst them stood Gabrielle.

“Well?” I asked.

He smiled with a short nod “She’s trying to find a venue with her…,” he paused trying to find the words “Err with ah,”

“Fiancé,” I let out.

“Yeah, with him,”

Aleksander grinned madly as he turned away letting out a light cough.

“Oh ah I was just strolling around and came across the guards lunch room-,”

“What were you doing there?” Arkady asked with a raised brow.

“A stroll,” I growled “I want someone to find a bigger room,”

Nikolay smiled “Sure,” He laughed as Gabrielle elbowed him hard.

“My apologies my queen,” Nikolay corrected as the door opened Themis steeping out in a white shirt with the first two buttons undone and black perfectly pressed pants, but what stumped me was his hair.

During the time I was gone he must have cut it, his long chin length hair was now short slightly long at the top sleeked up into a mini like Mohawk.

He pulled a little grin “It was getting in the way,”

“Looking good, looking good,” Aleksander laughed.

Themis glided past them edging his way towards me as he fluffed at his hair “What do you think?”

I grinned madly if I could have blushed I would have, he looked dropped dead gorgeous “I like it,” I said raising a hand gliding my fingertips through his hair “Who exactly are you trying to impress?”

“You of course,” He chuckled “And then there are some issues I have to deal with back in town, would you like to join me?”

“No you go, I’ll just stay here, maybe get some sleep, feeling a bit tired,” I explained.

He nodded turning to the others “Gabrielle, Arkady you two come with me, bring another two guards, Nikolay, Aleksander you stay here,” He informed turning to me again.

“Be careful,” I whispered my eyes darting to the others for a second before returning on Themis.

He leant down kissing me gentle on the lips, more like a peck pulling away fast.

“I can tell you don’t do this often in front of your friends?” I spoke with a laugh.

He raised an eye brow “I’ll be back before you know it,” He smiled walking off as Gabrielle and Arkady followed behind him.

I stood there for a second watching Themis disappear down the hall way before finally turning to the others “I’ll be in the room,” I said walking in closing the door tightly behind me.

I slumped into bed staring up at the ceiling, I had to know what Svetlana and what her plans were and the only way I could know was to speak to Katerina.

I sighed heavily closing my eyes concentrating on Svetlana.

“I WAS INFORMED THAT SHE WAS CARRYING,” Svetlana yelled at the top of her lungs her voice bouncing off the walls in the stone room.

A man knelt down in front of her throne shaking in her presence “I’m sorry my Queen, the wrong information was given, but the colony is still waiting for an heir,”

Katerina stood beside Svetlana with her head down as if she was drowning out what was being said turning to the other side of Svetlana where the black haired girl stood smiling down at the miserable man.