Yeong-Cheol Abel and Death (0.0)

"Eomma," a man with pale skin and dark hair greets as he holds out a reusable bag, "I got the groceries, do you want me to do anything else?" 

     "Ah, Yeong-Cheol," the same middle-aged woman who opened the door smiles, "No, but before you leave let me get something for you."

     The lady walks further into the house and Yeong-Cheol follows her to the kitchen. His mother pulls out some plastic containers and places them in his hands. "Be sure to eat that soon."

    "Sure thing eomma," the man takes them and the two of them walk back out to his car. The two of them hug and Yeong-Cheol relaxes smelling the familiar scent of his mom. She smells like home to him. After raising him all by herself and the struggles Yeong-Cheol can't help but hug her tighter remembering what she faced. 

     "Love you eomma," he snuggles into her hair and she playfully slaps his back.

      "What are you a toddler?" Her smile turns watery as she looks him up and down after being released from the hug, "You grew up so fast. Now look at my little boy, all grown up and taller than his mother."

      "Eomma," he pats her head gently being careful not to mess up her hair too much, "It's all thanks to my wonderful eomma who spent her whole life taking care of me. With all the love you gave, I'm surprised I'm not fat!"

      "Oh shush you," She pulls him into a hug, "For some reason, I really don't want to let you go. But I have to huh, my little boy has got his own life now huh."

    "Eomma...don't worry too much," He wraps his arms around her smaller self, "I'll be sure to call you often maybe even to the point you get annoyed at me." 

     She giggles at him, "As if you could annoy me more than when you were a baby. Now shoo, you've gotta get to your new house before the movers. Off you go." She releases him and waves him off.

       Nodding at her Yeong-Cheol smiles and he opens his car door. He gets in the car and rolls down his window, "Love you eomma!" He smiles as he sees her respond from near the front door and he drives off.

     "Hey, Siri," Yeong-Cheol speaks into the microphone while pressing a button on his steering wheel, "Pull up directions to the location named 'New House'." 

      "Pulling up directions to 'New House'." A monotone female voice echos in the car. 

       Following Siri's directions, he makes it to his new house. He smiles as he checks his phone to see the previous owner letting him know that the keys are in the mailbox. Opening the box he sees it empty, "Maybe the real estate agent is here?" 

       Yeong-Cheol turns the handle on and it shows the door is unlocked, "Hm...I think I should probably not go in there..." He turns away from the door and pulls up the previous owner's phone number. 

       "Hello, this is Abel who recently bought a house from you," Yeong-Cheol says using his last name. Since people had a hard time remembering his name he just decided to use his last name.

      "Ah! Yes Abel, how may I help you?" An elderly woman's voice answers.

       "I just wanted to make sure that you are sure you put the keys to the place in the mailbox. They weren't there and I just wanted to know if should get a new lock," Yeong-Cheol mentioned.

      "Oh no, I know that I put the keys in. Do you want me to call the agency?" She asks in concern.

       "Ah, no need Mrs. Cree. I'll just get a new-" Bang! Sudden loud noise echos and Yeong-Cheol looks down at his shirt only to see whole through his chest. The world suddenly sounds so quiet and he hears the voice of Mrs. Cree fading in and out.

      "Sonny! Boy, are you there! Hold on, I'm calling 911. Abel! Boy say something!" As he tries to focus on the sound of her voice he hears and feels a few more shots go through his chest. He barely recognizes as he crumbles to the floor. He could feel his body going cold as he watches blood leave his body. He could hear his heart beating slower and slower, it echos around his head. 

      "M-Mrs. C-cree..." Yeong-Cheol rasps out, "C-can you...I-...make sure my eomma- my-my mom does-doesn't beat herself up-plea-please." 

      "Sonny! Hang on there boy! Please the paramedics are on their way, please! Come on stay with us!" Her voice is panicked and Yeong-Cheol worries she might have a heart attack. He listens to her as she talks but as more and more time passes his vision gets darker and darker. Eventually, his view turns into a pitch-black abyss. 

      "Where..." he no longer hears his heart beating and he no longer feels the numbing pain from being shot. In fact, he couldn't even feel the cold or maybe it's hot?

      "Ah! You must be the new soul that I was told would show up!" In the dark abyss, a light falls from this weird floating machine. The gentle glow of red light makes him wonder if this was the light he's heard so much about.

      "My name is System 3089! Together we will be working together to fulfill the last wishes of people from different worlds! Now," the machine sticks out a weird hand to him, "Let's shake on becoming partners!" 

     "...What?" Yeong-Cheol stares at this...thing and questions, "What in the world is going on?"