Pt. 39

Wednesday rolls along...My dad gets released today..That's certainly going to be interesting. I do know what prison he's at, which is something Marilynn told me.

Yesterday was the same as Monday. I watched anime or drew something all day. See, when I can't do anything, I do what I can.

I get a text from Marilynn. It's probably about my dad or something.

Marilynn: Hi. Just letting you know that your dad is getting released today. I know you don't have a great relationship with him, but you should at least go see him.

Me: ugh fine but I can't drive technically and I doubt Matt and Tyler will want me seeing my dad

Marilynn: Do you have a permit

Me: no, but I plan to this week. I know the stuff, I just need to go to the dmv

Marilynn: I'm sure they'll let you see him. If not, at least make the effort once you can drive.

Me: whatever, he's probably just gonna end up back in jail

Marilynn: Even if that is true, you should still see him.

Whelp. I can walk to the prison, drive illegally, or convince Matt and Tyler to take me. There's a high chance they won't let me.

I just text them. I really don't know the best way to ask to see my dad. Except, they got to me first.

Matt: You gonna go out

Me: I was planning to but..

Tyler: You want to see your dad...?

Matt: That isn't the best idea

Tyler: Even then, he's still his dad

Me: I'll be fine, I just need to get there

Matt: Alright, fine. He is your dad after all

Alright, so I can go. I don't know if I can even call my dad, dad anymore. I mean, he never raised me. I was raised with parents that weren't my own. Even then, I was neglected by them. I wasn't raised properly until Matt and Tyler took me in.

Tyler: I'll take you. Matt is still skeptical I'm having you go. I mean, can you even call him your dad anymore?

Me: . . .

Tyler: I'll take you there, but just so you know...If things were to escalate, I will step in

Me: or the officers will

Tyler: I will step in, if things escalate

Honestly, I was just on my phone for the entire ride to the prison. I can't even call him my dad, anymore. I'm almost certain he'll end up back there, anyway.

(At the prison)

Tyler pulls in, near where my dad will be coming out of. I casually got out once he was out. He looked at me. Does he even remember me?

"Anders?" He asks.

I just give a slight nod. So, he did remember me. It's been 10 years since the incident. I never thought, he'd remember me.

He tried to hug me, but I just slap him. What was I going to do, when he neglects me and kills my mother!? I could've killed him, right here!

"Don't come any closer to me! You killed my mother and neglected me! I was left in foster care, because you couldn't care less about me or my mom! You neglected me and abused her! I can't even consider you my dad, anymore! In fact, my foster parents are better than you could ever be!" I say.