Pt. 23

Matt

I was up in my bedroom doing work. It's been a few hours since Zach and Anders left to the city. Well, hours since Zach went to join up with Anders and Michigan. Tyler wasn't doing much at the moment.

I don't work that much considering Tyler and I get paid hundreds just by being foster parents. Liam was our first foster kid, Anders beings our last and current. It is a bit of a hassle having so many and with all the fighting going on between them.

"Their grades came in." Tyler says walking into our room.

"I just want to know Anders' at the moment." I reply.

"We have to see all of them anyway. Liam as normal, has D's and F's. Brandon has B's and 1 C. Jamie like normal has all A's. Danny with C's and D's. Zach with B's and A's. Anders..." Tyler says going to find his.

"Surprised Danny isn't failing like Liam." I say.

"Yeah, but at least he does some work." Tyler says.

"True. Anders?" I ask.

"Anders...D's and 2 A's." Tyler replies.

"He has A's?" I ask.

"Well in his 2 elective classes. I mean, come on, you cannot tell me you didn't notice all his schoolwork lying across his floor since he got here. He spends more time with his elective classes than he does with his other classes." Tyler says.

"Does he even touch those papers?" I ask.

"I highly doubt it. You can always check as they are still scattered across his floor." Tyler replies.

"He may be our biggest troublemaker, but at least he does his elective stuff. You did the same, ya know." I say.

"That's not true!" Tyler says.

"It definitely is. Do I have to remind you that you nearly had to retake senior year?" I ask.

"I did not nearly have to retake it. I had 2 F's, that was it." Tyler says.

"See! You and Anders are basically the same. The only difference being that you never got in trouble with the law before. You had the same record Liam has now." I reply.

I go off to Anders' room. I notice every single homework thing he received sitting on the floor. They do like nothing has even been written on them, though it's hard to tell from being at the door.

I picked a few up and noticed that they did have markings on them. However, he didn't bother with answering the questions. He more like drew over it. This kid...I mean, at least he doesn't ignore them completely.

"I mean...it isn't work, but at least the drawings go with what they were working on at the time.." Tyler says.

"That is true. It's not like he ignores it completely like Liam does, but is he really going to get points for shit like this over his work?" I ask.

"It's too late to find out, now. The only ones that could work are the ones sitting on his bed." Tyler says.

At that very second, the door opened. They were back and Michigan could still be with them. Between Tyler and I, we had all his past homework assignments apart from the ones on his bed. I don't think he's going to slide past this.

The second the 3 of them came up the stairs, Anders and Zach knew exactly what was going to happen. The fact that we had all of Anders' past assignments in our hands, they knew. Michigan who also saw, stayed back because she knew this was a family matter.

"Your grades came today." I say not showing any sign of emotion.

"And?" Zach asks.

"Well...you have B's and A's. However, you are in what we call, 'the shit region' of grades. Mostly D's. You have A's in your elective classes." Tyler says.