Chapter One: Part 6: Pain And Panic

Jamie's POV:

I could hear the muffled sounds of my fiancé's talking, though my hazy memory and ringing ears weren't helping my headache, believe I heard the word 'Bitch' from Noah quite a few times- coupled with low growls from Flynn.  It felt like hours before the blankets around me were shifted and repositioned, then a pair of warm arms curled around my waist. after a few minutes of silence I fell asleep.

I woke up for seemingly no reason at all, after rubbing the sleep from my eyes I tried to find the cause, but was unsuccessful. Then I felt something soft tickle my back, before a cold wet nose pressed into my side a few times, booping me out of my confusion.

When I turned I was face to face with a big brown/orange and black wolf.

                      Noah's Wolf
                                  |
                                  V

He looked concerned, tilting his head to the left and pawing at my hand, I felt dizzy and heavy, it was a struggle to move and every breathe made a painful burn grow in my chest

He looked concerned, tilting his head to the left and pawing at my hand, I felt dizzy and heavy, it was a struggle to move and every breathe made a painful burn grow in my chest. He kept pawing at me, but I couldn't tell what he wanted.

I understood how Noah acted and little quirks he has, I knew how to communicate with both my fiancé's respectively in their wolf forms; though I'm not a werewolf myself. But I have very little experience with their wolves, they acted significantly different from Noah and Flynn. It's never really been a problem as I hardly get to interact with them,  they don't front unless its necessary- or occasionally they'd get bored and take over for awhile.  But this has never happened before.

Noah's wolf was pretty much his opposite- all shy and easily spooked, he hardly made sounds, even while playing.   Now thinking about it- maybe all their wolves were their opposites?   I can recall the same thing with Flynn's wolf, it's very playful, loud and carefree, pretty much what I expected Noah's wolf to be. (as Flynn is quiet and reserved most of the time it caught me off guard). Though I can't say I mind it,  I actually find their rare interactions very adorable seeing as they're so different.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a wet tongue that slid across my fingers, he was starting to get impatient with me- and so decided to jump up on the bed, waking Flynn who immediately sat up.   I slowly and painfully turned around to face them, Flynn must've noticed my struggle because they quickly helped.   Tears were stinging the corner of my eyes as it hurt to breathe, "Love, it's okay- we're right here."  They carefully wrapped their arms around my waist, letting me lean my head on their chest as I attempted to catch my breath.  

I eventually calmed down enough to register what was happening, Noah's wolf had curled himself around me- laying his head in my lap while his tail tickled my lower back.   He looked worried and let out a sad whimper, I damn near cried again- for some reason both of their emotions hit me like a truck, "Jamie, look at me."  They put a hand on my cheek, gently lifting my gaze in their direction. "It's alright now, you two are safe and everything will be okay."  I didn't understand why they kept telling me that until i felt a stinging in my hands, apparently salty tears and open wounds don't mix well, I had started crying again.

"Jamie why don't you lay back down? We should change your bandages again."     "O-Okay.." they carefully lay me back on the bed before moving to the bathroom, (which I assume is where they've stored the medical kit)
Even though I'd calmed significantly everything still hurt and I almost started crying again- but Noah's wolf sat beside me, gently he began rubbing his face on my arm; effectively being a distraction from the pain.

It made me feel comforted in a strange way- to know he very easily could've killed Ruby, (the girl from the café) I guess it made me feel safe. I've never been the strongest, but I am a fast runner.  I was very proud to know that from a young age I could outrun everyone from my school, (maybe even too proud at times)  having two werewolf mates is great for going on runs together as well.

I was pulled from my thoughts by Noah's wolf licking my cheek.   I realized he'd been pawing at me for the last few seconds, and probably got worried when I didn't respond.  "I-I'm okay.. I was just thinking.."   seemingly content with my response he began rubbing his face through my hair.   Since I'm no werewolf (and my head's a little fuzzy) I was confused at his behavior, until I remembered a conversation that happened a couple days after our fourth date with Flynn.

Flashback:

I was standing in the kitchen making breakfast for the three of us- when I was suddenly enveloped in a warm hug, I could tell by the smell of green Tea that Flynn was the one hugging me, rubbing their head though my hair. I chuckled lightly as their stubbly chin tickled my neck.

"What's up with you two and rubbing your faces in my hair? I thought it was just something Noah likes to do."     "Well... it's a werewolf thing.."  that peaked my interest.   "What does it mean?"   They held me closer, I could hear them sniffing me- but was pretty used to it by now from Noah, so I wasn't phased. "It's a way for us to scent mark you, it isn't abnormal for close family members and Mates to scent mark each other by shows of physical affection- such as hugging or snuggling together, it's most often seen between Mates though. A way to make it known to people around that they're together, without having to say anything.  Like how humans might wear matching- or corresponding clothes with their significant other."   It  was then I remembered Noah hugging me every chance he could get- especially before we were dating.   It was also then I felt another pair of arms wrapping around my waist, but the smell of peach Tea had given Noah's presence away before he joined our hug.

End Of Flashback:

I was still in pain after Flynn finished bandaging me up, but Noah's wolf was keeping my attention elsewhere. "I was surprised to be woken up this morning by a cold nose." The wolf in question huffed before tucking his nose into his tail and shutting his eyes. "I guess it's happening sooner than we thought, huh.." I gave Flynn a confused look, prompting them to explain. "Love, a werewolf pregnancy is different from a human pregnancy in many ways, in addition to lasting up to 11 months- one of said ways are between Five and Six months there'll be a two week period in which the pregnant person will shift to their wolf form involuntarily."
"O-Oh.. why is that?" They sat down beside me. "Well, during that period of time the baby's wolf form will start maturing, and near the end of pregnancy it will happen again to finish the growth." That hit me like a brick to the throat. Noah was already half way through the pregnancy, and we still lived in a hotel room. that realization was all it took to send me into another panic...