chapter 4

I looked at him like he was stupid. Heck, he probably WAS stupid! I sighed, frustratedly.

"Yeah, yeah, next joke, man. Your just some psychopath who goes around randomly fucking kidnapping people, locking them up, and then making up some bullshit to make it all sound ok!" I screamed, the familliar seething anger returning, making my whole body shake with rage.

"Shut up, I didnt give you permission to speak to me like that, fuck, I didnt give you permission to speak at all!" He suddenly snapped.

He took a deep breath and put his head in his hands.

"Anyway, I dont have to take this from a Mortal..." he spat, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket. I glanced down at the ground, deep in thought. I looked up to dee the man lighting his cigarette.

"Ok, fine, whatever, dude. Just where am I? And why am I here?" I asked him, not really expecting an answer, but at least a smirk. The man took a puff of his cigarette, and then blew the smoke up into the air. The smoke billowed around his head, twisting itself into loops and curls, almost like it was attempting dance.

"Dude?!" I asked again, starting to feel a little pissed. He took another long drag of his cigarette.

"I'll answer you in my own time" he replied simply.

I sighed, running a hand through my long black hair. After a few minutes, he turned to face me. He dropped his burning cigarette on the floor and stamped on it, grinding the thick grey ashes into the concrete below with his black steel toe caps.

"So, you really don't know?" He questioned me, examining my facial expressions to see if I was telling him the truth.

"Don't know what?" I sighed.

This was really starting to do my head in, the guy needed to finish his sentences! The man began to bite at his fingernails, biting right down to the quick, the now familiar smirk returning to his face. Then he turned to look at me once again, his smirk growing wider and a lot more evil looking.

"You're in a mental asylum because you killed your parents," he said casually, pulling yet another cigarette out of his pocket. Wow, I thought to myself, his pockets MUST be deep! Then it actually sunk in what he had just told me. That I had killed my own parents...

I fell back against the wall in shock, clutching at my chest.

"I-I need to sit down..." I muttered, more to myself than anyone else.

I may not have been able to remember who I was, but I knew I was no killer! I gulped, then rested my head in my hands and began to sob to myself, I began to sob as quietly as I could.

"There must be some kind of mistake..." I managed to stutter.

The man dished around in his hoodie pocket, before pulling out a small book which looked something like a diary. He opened the page with a bookmark in, and ran his finger down the page.

"Alex.. alex..." he muttered to himself. "Aha! Here we are! Alex Daniels! Wanted in hell for killing his own parents... dude, you are seriously messed up..." he exlaimed happily, having more fun with this than he should have.

I said nothing. I simply placed my head back in my hands and continued to sob. I couldn't be a killer, I just couldn't be. But what if this psychopath, this kidnapper this... this... Death Angel was telling the truth? What then? Then I would deserve to die. Yet again, I ran a hand through my now greasy hair. Wow, I thought to myself, I must have been here for days! I think by now I could call this guy what he says he is, a death angel. Death chuckled. He was clearly enjoying seeing me in such a worry, evil bastard! It took a few minutes, but I could finally speak. It felt like my entire world was crashing on top of me but I tried, I tried to form a reasonable sentence.

"S-So why are you here, then?" I asked, almost TOO afraid to hear his answer. Yet again, Death tilted back his head and let out a cruel, wicked laugh.

"Why am I here?" He asked, smirking. "Well, to take you to hell, obviously."