chapter 15

Alex's p.o.v

After Jake had snapped my arm, I was in too much pain to move. All I could do was simply sit there and watch as Jake attacked Aaron again and left him unconscious.As I watched him continuously pummel Aaron, even whilst uncinscious.I tried to open my mouth and scream at him to stop, put all that would come out was a hoarse cry barely above a whisper. Eventually, Jake bent down to picked him up, and slung him onto his bed. He pulled the covers up to his chin, leaving most of the blood unseen. Then he casually strolled over to me and gripped my arm in both hands,snapping it back into place. I flinched as he did, but realised I could now move my arm again. It was still sore, but I could move it. He put on his jacket and pulled up his hood.

As he started towards his bed, he turned to face me with an apologetic look in his eyes.

"Sorry about your arm, but I had to stop you from protecting him," he began, turning to walk to his bunk yet again.

"He deserved it," He stated simply, as he lay down in his bed and drifted off to sleep.

Actually, I was beginning to regret protecting Aaron in the first place. Afterall, it was him who had killed Jake's parents. I should've been on his side from the start, but I didn't want to see anyone hurt, no matter what they did. For a couple of hours, I simply paced the room. It was pitch black because it was night time , and I had just realised that Death would be coming soon to send me back to earth for me to prove myself. I decided I wouldnt sleep. I needed to make sure that I was alert for the trip back. I sat down on the ground, my nerves completely consuming me as I felt myself wrapped up in my day dreams. A while later, I had been exercising, doing sit ups and push ups, when the door burst open noisily and death walked in. He motioned for me to get up and follow him, and I did, as he led me out of the dungeon-style cells and down to the main part of the castle. We passed the Devil's door again, but carried on right to the very end of the hall, instead of entering it this time. We walked in to the room through the set of double doors. Death locked them behind us as we did. This room was red and black all over, with a giant moving swirl in the middle of the floor.

I didn't think much of it until Death began to speak.

"That's your portal to earth, Alex," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Your one chance to prove your innocence and earn your freedom, "