chapter 10

The next week whizzed past. I found myself forced into eating the poisoned food every 2 days or so, and each time I fainted. When I wasnt unconcious, I got to know the guys a little better. It turns out that the reason Jake and Aaron were arguing in the first place was over why each was in hell. Aaron had been a major armed robber, thieving from banks and stores to feed the rest of his family. Jake still would not open up to me. It seemed he was a little nervous of getting close to any of us. He was quiet and distant. We all talked regularly, found out each others favourate bands, films, stuff like that. Me and Jake were so similar yet so different at the same time. It was wierd. I looked over at Jake, right at that moment. He was sat on the ground, staring off into the distance, almost like a world that belonged to him and him only. I stared a few more moments to check he was still alive. He was incredibly still, but his tall muscly frame wheezed small breaths. Content, I turned back to chat with Aaron.

JAKE'S P.O.V (YUP!!)

I could feel the other two's eyes on my back. Their glares burned at my flesh. They were near enough staring right into my very soul. I knew I couldnt get too close to them. I already lost one family, but not again. As long as I keep my distance, I won't get too attached. My family. I had really cared about them. Enough to give my own life, that's for sure. I hoped they would be in heaven, living the afterlife eternally happy. I sighed. I missed them. I really missed them.

*FLASHBACK*

I stood in my bedroom, moshing to the beat of my music. This always calmed me. I was wearing a black veil brides t-shirt, doc martens, black jeans, shitloads of bracelets and a grey beanie. I paused the music. I could now hear a terrified yelling in the distance. I crept down the stairs, being careful not to make the stairs creak. I pushed open the kitchen door. The yelling got louder, closer, deafening. I walked into the living room, where I was met with the most terrible sight I could have imagined. My mother and father were huddled together, sobbing. My dad had tried to comfort my mum. Two masked and armed men stood over them, guns pointed to their heads.

"T-t-take what you w-want..." my father whispered, a pleading look in his eyes.

The one man pointed a gun at my parents, while the other began to pile the valuables of our house into a bag, smashing things, leaving mess, rubbish and broken glass everywhere. I ran to the kitchen and sifted through the draw until I came to a sharp kitchen knife. With one swift movement, I lunged the knife into the chest of the robber with the gun pointed at my family. He shrieked in agony as blood squirted out of his body in all different directions. He began to gurgle, before choking up blood and falling to the ground in a heap.

"Don't touch my family!" I shrieked, going for the other man. He was too quick.

He fired multiple shots at my parents, before quickly fleeing out of the window. I screamed in terror, rushing to my injured parents. The blood was seeping out of multiple parts of their bodies.the slow sound of my parents' hearts beneath my head gave me hope. The beating slowed, until there was no sound, and I was lying in a giant pool of blood. I didnt care. I layed down and cuddled with the bloodied corpses of my parents, sobbing myself to sleep.* END OF FLASHBACK.*