Chapter 13

AARON'S P.O.V

"Guys, I have a confession to make," I began.

I knew that this wouldn't end well.. What I was about to tell them, what I was about to tell Jake, would change all of our lives completely. I paced the room, small beads of sweat forming just below my hairline, and trickling down the side if my face. I shivered, grabbing my jacket off of the bed and placing it round my shoulders. I took a deep breath and began.

"Y-you s-said about your parents, what happened," I muttered glumly.

A blazing streak of fury blazed in Jake's eyes at the mention of his parents, but I knew I had to carry on, get the truth out in the open.

Jake gritted his teeth.

"What about them...?!" He growled, clenching his fists angrily.

"S-sorry I-I didn't mean-" I stuttered, stepping forward to calm Jake.

His eyes averted to the ground, angrily.

"No, you never do," he snarled.

I began to play with my hands nervously. I hadn't even told him yet. How would he react when I did?

"Well, you see, I- we didn't mean it," I began, nervously.

"I-it was an accident, my family hadn't eaten for days, no one was meant to get hurt..." I whispered hoarsely, my voice cracking.

"What?" He asked, his voice deadly calm.

I started playing with my hands nervously.

"I said WHAT?!" Screeched Jake, his fists still clenched angrily.

"I-I think you should sit down.." I stuttered.

I walked over to my bed and sat down. Jake followed swiftly behind me.

"Your parents..." I began

"T-that was me" I said breaking down and sobbing as I finished the sentence and placed my head in my hands.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp blow to my face. I could taste the metallic blood in my mouth and see the velvet red liquid drip down from my chin and onto my shirt.