chapter 14

Aaron's p.o.v continued

I slumped to the ground as I felt the sticky, warm liquid trickle down my neck and onto my t-shirt. I had taken my baseball jacket off earlier on, so the blood had now began to seep in, and stain my plain white tee. I heard the deadly silence in the background, deafening me. My vision was cloudy and blurry, little dots of white on the edge of my sight. I could hear alex in the background, screaming, and struggling to help me up. I rested my head on my knees to try and subside the painful headache that was consuming me. I could hear jake panting heavily at the other end of the room, anger evident and clear. It was then that I knew it was a stupid idea to tell him.

"J-jake, I-" I began before jake cut me off.

"Shut the fuck up!" He screeched, bringing back my headache. 

I decided to stay silent. Jake bent down and gripped the collar of my t-shirt, dragging g me up to my feet. As he drew his fist back to hit me once more, I shut my eyes, waiting for the pain to end. After a few seconds, and no impact, I opened my eyes to see Alex stood between me and jake, panting from exhaustion.

Jake sighed, impatiently. "Get out the way, Alex, or I won't hesitate to hit you too," He began.

Alex shook his head, holding out his arm to attempt to protect me if jake swung again. He suddenly dived forward, snapping Alex's arm behind his back so quickly that I could hear the loud snap of his bone. Alex's arm dropped to his side, as he gently massaged it with his uninjured hand. Jake took this opportunity to pull his fist behind him, and swing for my stomach. I crouched to the ground, in agony, at the same time kicking him swiftly in his nuts. He didnt cry. He didn't yelp. He simply looked down at his crotch area, momentarily. His head shot back up, as he made direct eye contact with me. He then began to laugh, so much and so hard that he had to grip his stomach. I watched in curiosity as he began to simply pace the room.

With the smirk still evident on his face, Jake turned to face me once more.

"Since that day," He muttered, more to himself than to me,

"Since that day, I've  been unable to feel any sort of pain, both physically and mentally." He turned to stare off into the outside through the tiny little window.

He laughed once more, as he turned to grip me by my legs and drag me across the floor.

"You, however, are able to feel pain. A LOT of pain. And I intend to be the one to inflict that upon you, for my parents."

His menacing laughter echoed through the room as he slumped me across his shouder.

He lifted me into the air, throwing me into the wall, and as a river of blood splattered out of my mouth, I felt myself slip into a state of unconsciousness.