• Fifty Two •

Betina Tiara

~

Hindi kami lumabas ng bahay ni Zen sa mga nakalipas na araw. Bilang sariwa pa ang nangyari kailan lang, si Seven ang pumunta sa apartment para kunin ang lahat ng gamit ko, nakakahiya man pero sinabihan muna nila 'kong sa party na lang mismo lumabas-- which is now this coming sunday.

Today, we decided to have a movie at home. Sakto pa, umuulan ngayon.

Nakaupo kami sa sofa na narito sa living area, nakakumot at kumakain ng caramel popcorn. And as time passed, we become engrossed in the movie. Actually, I'm not really fan of a fantasy genre, but Zen introduced it to me.

Leaning back at the sofa felt so comfy, and between the stress and anxiety we felt this past few days-- seems like it washed over quickly at this moment.

Even though I was secretly pinching my palms hard to try to stay awake, my heavy eyelids soon fell shut of their own accord.

I'm sorry I can't take it! The rain, the coldness, the atmosphere... it's inviting me to sleep!

The same piece of music from the beginning rang faintly in my ears. I slowly opened my eyes to see the names of the actors scrolling across the screen. Realizing that the movie was finished, I sat properly and gently tapped my cheek.

Ang bilis, parang kapipikit ko lang kanina tapos ngayon tapos na 'yung palabas. Sa tingin ko rin wala talaga akong naintindihan sa movie dahil sa pagka-antok ko.

Minsan talaga ang hirap mamalayang nakatulog ka kapag ganitong umuulan at malamig.

I looked over at Zen and saw that his eyes had closed too, fast asleep just like I was.

I quietly stood up and turned off the TV. Bumalik ako sa sofa para dahan-dahang ayusin ang kumot na bahagyang nalaglag sa katawan ni Zen, iniingatan kong hindi siya magising. He's been up all night because of the script he's working.

"Hmm..."

I was startled by his voice. I steadied myself with one hand on his shoulder.

As I lifted my head to looked at him, I was met by a pair of smiling eyes. What, did I woke him up?

"Babe," I softly called him.

"What a beautiful sight..."

Maybe it was because he just woken up. His hair was sticking up a bit, even his voice was a little hazy. Then suddenly, he wordlessly took off the blanket on his body and edged closer to me, snaked his arms around my waist making me sit on his lap.

Nabigla ako ro'n pero wala rin akong nagawa para umalis sa mga hita niya. I pressed my lips together as we exchanged glances.

"Don’t ever go anywhere alone for time being... if you suddenly disappear, I’ll just quit the CVA and do nothing but to look for you," his words fell gently upon my ears.

His gaze slowly swept across my flustered face and a gentle finger carressed my lips.

"Even if I have to go to Claudius or any powerful people and beg... I won’t mind as long as they will help me to find you. I realized this after that incident," he says.

I cupped his face, "Napag-usapan na natin ‘to, babe. I won’t go anywhere alone for now."

"Wala lang. Araw-araw ko kasing naiisip na kapag nawala ka, hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko kung saan ako magsisimulang maghanap, kanino magtatanong, saan ako pupunta, paano kita maliligtas, kailan kita maki---"

I shut him off with a kiss and smiled, "Please know that one of my biggest fear is you disappearing from my side," I uttered, "So don’t worry, Zen. Everything’s going to be alright."