Part 24: The Finals

"Daniel LaRusso's gonna fight?" The announcer asked, shocked.

After you nodded your head yes for the 100th time, Daniel walked into the arena. His eyes lit up. "Daniel LaRusso's gonna fight!"

Cheers erupted from the crowd as Daniel continued to walk towards the ring. The announcer shared the crowd's enthusiasm as he continued on. "Now isn't this what it's all about folks? You know it!"

You looked at Johnny, who had his eyes trained on you. The voices around you blurred as you continued to look up into his blue eyes. You were only about a foot away and the air between you seemed electric.

"Johnny," You said, unsure how to start.

His eyes never moved from yours, making your heart beat quicken. "Whatever happens, win or lose, I want you to know that I-"

Your voice got caught in your throat and your cheeks turned red. "I-" you tried again, but the words wouldn't come out. Embarrassed, you broke eye contact and let your vision travel down to your feet.

A familiar hand was placed on your chin, forcing you to look up at him. There was only an inch separated you now, and you felt like you might pass out.

"Say it Princess." He whispered, snapping you from your daze.

"I love you."

You left your eyes to swim in his, trying to see his reaction. A smile formed on his lips, causing one to appear on yours as well.

Johnny gently placed his rough hand on your burning cheek. "I-"

Before he could answer, you were ripped away by a referee. You tried to struggle, but it was no use.

"The match is about to start, you can't be on the mat." The ref said, sounding annoyed.

You looked back at Johnny with an apologetic frown. His face didn't match yours as he stared daggers at the poor ref.

You watched as he clenched and unclenches his fists, making his veins and muscles pop. A warmth grew in your stomach as you continued to stare at him. You wondered how his hands would feel gripping your bare skin.

You were brought back to reality as your brother walked to stand in front of Johnny.

The referee that had pulled you away from Johnny earlier ordered the two to bow to him, and then each other.

The way Johnny bowed made you think he wanted the match to be over as soon as possible. You were proven right when he waisted no time in trying to send a kick to Daniel's stomach.

You watched him charge Daniel over and over until he was stopped as Daniel's fist connected with his stomach. You gasped. You didn't know what you expected, but it wasn't that.

Johnny was clearly a better fighter than Daniel, and seeing him lose a point so easily was worrisome. You clapped for your brother, but part of you wanted Johnny to come out on top.

As they returned to their places, Johnny couldn't help but give Daniel a shove, making him almost fall over.

As they started again, Johnny sent Daniel to the floor. Luckily, Daniel was able to quickly push him off and scramble to his feet.

Johnny tried to kick Daniel, but he dropped and tripped him, allowing Daniel to earn another point by hitting him on the back.

Johnny stayed on the ground for a moment, holding his nose. When he stood up, it was clear that it was bleeding.

You wanted to rush over and make sure he was okay, but you also didn't want to be forced to leave. So you stayed put, watching him from a distance.