Part 7: The Halloween Dance

"Those of you who volunteered to decorate the gym for the dance, please head to your places at this time." The modulated voice spoke throughout the school speaker system. You groaned, forgetting all about how Ali had made you sign up to help.

Walking into the gym, you were overwhelmed by all the people working on their tasks. You saw Ali and started to walk over to her when a teacher stepped in front of you.

"Honey, can you go help put the skeletons together?" The older lady asked, sounding exhausted.

"Of course." You said nodding your head.

Once at the table, you began to put the plastic skeleton together. Getting lost in your work, you barely noticed the hand on your shoulder.

You turned to look at it, but let out a quiet scream as you saw it was a skeleton hand. You turned fully around to see Johnny and the other Cobra Kais laughing at you.

You hit him with your own skeleton arm but soon laughed too, shaking your head at them. "Not funny."

"Sorry princess but I had to." He said while moving to stand next to you.

The Cobra Kais gathered around the table, helping you with the skeletons, although they were mostly just goofing around.

"Hey I never got your guys names." You said trying to start conversation.

"I'm Tommy." The light brown haired boy standing across from you said.

"Dutch," The shorter blonde said, taking your hand into his before placing a kiss on it. "and it's very nice to meet you."

Johnny quickly took your hand out of his, and held it in his own. "Back off man." He growled at Dutch.

His protectiveness felt nice, and you held his hand tight in yours. Next to speak was a brown haired boy with a kinder looking face. He was shorter than Johnny, but so were most people. "I'm Bobby. It's nice to officially meet you."

You gave him a smile. "You too."

You looked behind him to see Ali eyeing you with suspicion. You quickly let go of Johnny's hand and mouthed "help me" to her.

She let out a laugh and went back to blowing up balloons. You let out a relieved sigh, knowing she hadn't seen you and Johnny holding hands.

You looked up to see Johnny staring at you. Not wanting to talk about it, you went back to working on the task in front of you.

"We can't hide forever. They're gonna find out." Johnny said, referring to you and him.

You sighed. "I know, and I'll tell them. But not right now."

You hated not being able to tell anyone about you and Johnny, but knew it would cause more trouble if you came clean.

*** *** ***
Johnny dropped you off at your house to get ready for the dance. You had made a Wonder Women costume about a week ago and were excited to put it to use.

Daniel on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it. You were going to bug him more about going but by the time you got home he was already with Mr. Miyagi.