Part 12: The Morning After

You woke up with sun shining on your face. You turned around to relieve your sensitive eyes and saw Johnny still asleep next to you. You looked him over intently. In sleep, he looked so peaceful. You couldn't help yourself as you put your hand through his hair. His blonde locks were soft, making it impossible to stop.

You watched as his eyes slowly opened. Once he noticed you, the biggest grin you had ever seen on him erupted off of his face. "Good morning, Princess."

"Good morning." You said, smiling back.

He snaked his hand to your back, pushing your chest to his. He slowly connected your lips. The kiss was soft, gentle. Your heart fluttered, happy to have him back.

When you pulled away, the smile stayed on your face. Johnny started to get up, pulling you with him. "Come on, let's go get breakfast."

You nodded, pulling on your jeans before letting him lead you downstairs. You kept his shirt on, happy with how it looked on you.

He took you out to breakfast where you ate together in peaceful silence. Once you were done he paid for both of your meals. You tried to argue, but it was no use.

As he drove you to your house, your anxiety began to rise. You started to tap your foot, scared of what your mother would do.

Johnny placed a hand on your shaking leg as he pulled up to your apartment complex. "It's gonna be okay. I'll go with you if you want."

You placed your hand on top of his and smiled at him. "Thanks, but I think I should do this alone. Plus, I don't think Daniel would react very well to you being in his house."

He frowned, looking behind you. "I think it's too late for that."

You turned around to see Daniel staring at you with wide eyes. Your heart dropped as he stormed towards the car. He waisted no time as you dragged you away from Johnny. "Get the hell away from my little sister!"

Only by 20 minutes. You thought as you rolled your eyes. "Daniel, calm down."

He jerked his head to the side to scowl at you. "Calm down!? What's wrong with you? You're so stupid sometimes."

"Watch your mouth, LaRusso." Johnny warned.

Daniel pulled you behind him, putting himself between you and Johnny. "Or what?"

"You wanna find out?" Johnny yelled, getting ready to hop out of his convertible.

"Johnny no." You said, moving in front of Daniel. "Just go. I'll be okay." You said while giving him a reassuring smile.

He still looked angry, but sat back down. He gave you a concerned look before turning his car back on and pulling away.

Daniel grabbed your arm and pulled you towards your apartment. "What the hell were you doing with him?"

You opened your mouth to defend yourself but you couldn't because the second you opened the door, your mother pulled you into a hug.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" She yelled as she held your shoulders.

Daniel decided he should be the one to answer. "She was with Johnny Lawrence. The guy who's made it his mission to make my life hell."

"You spent the night with a boy?" She almost screamed.

"No! Well yes. But it wasn't like that!" You stammered out.

"You have 30 seconds to explain yourself young lady." She warned.

As you thought back to what happened last night, you thought you were going to cry. You shut the idea out of your head, not wanting the tears to fall again. You were sick of crying.

"I-" your voice cracked as you tried to speak. You took a shaky breath before trying again. "Something happened on my date last night. I didn't want to have to tell you about it so he let me stay at his house. I didn't want you to be worried. I'm sorry."

They both looked at you with shocked expressions. They were silent for a long time. It was starting to get unbearable. You wished you could sink into the floor to avoid their stares.

"You were on a date with Johnny?" Daniel finally blurted out.

"No, it was someone else. Johnny saved me when he started to do stuff I wasn't comfortable with." You said.

You mom's eyes softened and she pulled you into another hug. "I'm so sorry sweetie."

You hugged her tight, thankful that she understood. You had the best mom in the world.

*** *** ***
That night, Daniel walked into your room. "I still don't want you talking to him."

You looked up at him. "I don't care."

His eyes turned into slits. "Do you actually think he cares about you? He's doing this to get under my skin. You're just one of his props."

Your jaw dropped. "What's your problem?"

"I just don't want to see you getting hurt." He said raising his hands as a sign of peace.

"He saved me yesterday." You said.

"One right doesn't mean anything against ten wrongs." He said, getting mad.

You understood where he was coming from but his inability to see where you were coming from was making you upset. "Just get out."

"No." He said, crossing his arms.

You got up off of your bed and stormed up to him. You let your fist fly, but he blocked your shot for the first time in his life. You stood there in awe, not sure what just happened.

"Holy shit, Daniel." Was all you could say.

A giant smile spread across his face. You put one on too, happy with the progress he was making with Mr. Miyagi. "You might actually have a chance at the tournament."

You pulled him into a hug. "I'm proud of you."

He hugged you back, but only for a second before pealing you off of him. "Thanks."

You both felt weird about the quick change of emotions and Daniel wasted no time in fleeing your room.

The good thing about a twin was that you could fight one minute, and then be back to normal the next. But that didn't stop his words from repeating in your head as you tried to fall asleep that night.

"He's doing this to get under my skin. You're just one of his props."

Did I finish this chapter instead of my rhetorical analysis essay? Yes. Yes I did.

 Yes I did

Rail me