Part 6: Mr. Miyagi

After Johnny dropped you off at home, you noticed that someone fixed Daniels bike. Somehow, you knew exactly who did it.

You walked into your apartment to see your mother getting ready to leave. "Hey Ma, where you going?"

"To go find Daniel. Did you see he fixed his bike?"

"Daniel didn't fix it. Mr. Miyagi did."

She looked at you confused. "How do you know?"

You shrugged your shoulders. "I just do."

She gave you a smile. "Well in that case, can you go give him some money and bring Daniel back? It's getting late."

"No problem." You said while taking the money from her hand.

"Thank you hun." She said as you walked back out the door.

After the short walk, you walked in to see Daniel and Mr. Miyagi trimming Bonsai Trees. You had never seen one in person.

"Hey." You said as you knocked lightly on the door.

Daniel turned to you before saying, "hey, come on in."

You opened the door and stepped in before turning to Mr. Miyagi. "I saw you fixed his bike and brought you some money, how much do we owe you?"

He brought up a hand to wave off your remark. "Oh no, please. My pleasure."

You smiled at him. "Thank you, that's very kind."

As he went back to tending to his trees, you walked up to Daniel and peered over his shoulder. "What're you doing?"

"I'm trimming my baby tree." He said as he continued to cut off small pieces.

"Bonsai tree." Mr. Miyagi corrected.

"Bansai tree." Daniel said.

"Bonsai." You and Mr. Miyagi both said in unison.

"Bonsai." Daniel finally said correctly.

You traced your finger along the one in front of you. "They're beautiful."

"Yeah Mr. Miyagi learned in Okinawa. That's where he's from." Daniel said as he continued to trim away at the small plant.

"Hmm." You said as you continued to stare at the one in front of you.

Your trance was interrupted when Mr. Miyagi took hold of the Bonsai Tree you were looking at and held it out for you to take.

"For me?" You asked in disbelief.

He nodded to you, but you quickly shook your head, scared you'd ruin it. "Oh no, I couldn't."

But he continued to hold it out for you. "Please, hurt feelings."

You knew you couldn't say no, so you let him place it into your hands. "That's very nice, thank you."

"Welcome." He said as he turned back to the rest of his plants.

"Daniel, come on it's getting late."

"I'll be up in half an hour." He said as he continued to cut his Bonsai tree.

"No, mom said now." You said while turning back to Mr. Miyagi. "Thank you, for everything."

"Welcome." He said with a nod.

You waited by the door as Mr. Miyagi and Daniel said their goodbyes. Daniel was given a tree as well.

As you walked out the door with Daniel, he gestured to your tree. "He gave you the nicest one. This guy is something else."

You nodded in agreement before he continued. "You saw what he did to my bike. This guy is great."

You laughed and shook your head, but knew what he was saying was true. You were happy Daniel had made a friend, even if he was 50 years older than him.

Once you got inside, you placed your tree on the windowsill in your room.

That night you slept peacefully, knowing that things were getting better.

*** *** ***
The next few days were great. You had really gotten to know Ali and her friends and could easily call them all friends.

The only problem was Daniel. Whenever you were around Ali, he would disappear. You could tell she missed him being around.

"Hey, where's Daniel been?" She asked at lunch.

"I don't know." You said honestly.

"Well I think it's a nice break not having to see him." Susan said.

You let out a laugh. "I know what you mean."

And then you turned to Ali. "Don't worry, he'll come around."

"I sure hope so." She said while looking down at her food.

*** *** ***
After practice, Johnny picked you up on his motorcycle. He made the familiar drive to the beach, where you sat in the sand watching the waves roll onto shore.

"What're you thinking about?" You asked him with your head on his shoulder.

"The Tournament." He said, still looking out over the water.

Then he took hold of your hand in his and turned to face you, "and you."

You could feel yourself blush at his words and couldn't help but smile. You leaned in and gave him a quick kiss before speaking. "What's the tournament?"

"There's a karate tournament in December. My sensei's been putting a lot of pressure on me about it. If I don't get first, I don't know what he'll do."

"Then you better get first." You said half joking.

He smiled at you. "You'll be there to cheer me on, right?"

"Of course." You said while smiling back at him.

"You're really great, you know that?" He said, still staring at you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I've been told once or twice."

Johnny rolled his eyes and shook his head, but kept the smile on his face. You let out a small laugh before speaking again. "You're not too bad yourself."

He captured you in another kiss, this one stronger. You gave him the same energy back, leaning into him. Soon you felt your back hit the sand with Johnny on top of you.

You trailed your hands through his hair, playing with the black headband that he always wore. Your lips moved in sync as his hands roamed your body, making their way under your shirt and onto your bare sides.

Remembering where you were, you reluctantly pulled away from him. "We can't do this here. No matter how much I want to, we can't."

He smirked at you. "So you want to?"

Playfully, you punched him in the arm. "Careful Johnny."

He kept the smirk on his face as he stood up. "Come on, its getting late." He said while putting out his hand for you to take.

Without hesitation, you put yours in his and couldn't help to notice how perfectly they fit together. Pulling you up with ease, he led you to his bike.