Part 19: The Tournament 1

"Are you nervous?" You asked Daniel as you sat around the table eating breakfast.

"Not at all. Why would I possibly be nervous?" His voice was dripping with sarcasm as you felt his leg shaking under the table.

"Okay, stupid question." You answered, raising your hands in surrender.

He frowned. "Sorry. Yes, I'm a little nervous."

You couldn't help but laugh. "A little? You look like you're about to shit your pants."

He glared at you but didn't even try to deny it.

Your staring contest was interrupted by a knock on your front door. Daniel shot up and rushed to open it.

"Good morning, Daniel-San." You heard from the open door.

You turned to see Mr. Miyagi in a dress shirt and pants with a nice suit jacket over it.

"You look nice, Mr. Miyagi." You said with a smile.

He bowed slightly and thanked you before stepping inside. He said you did too although you were only wearing jeans and a white t shirt.  He looked at the top of your head for a moment, making you instinctively reach up to see if something was wrong.

When you did, you felt the soft cloth of Johnny's headband. You smiled, feeling your cheeks heat up. "It's my friend's. I forgot to give it back to him last night."

You decided it wouldn't be a good idea to tell Mr. Miyagi your boyfriend was the guy Daniel would be fighting against today.

Together you waited for your mother to finish up getting ready and then you were out the door, all piling into Mr. Miyagi's car for the short ride to the tournament.

Your nerves were starting to rise as the minutes went by. What if Daniel got hurt? You were worried you wouldn't be able to stop yourself from beating somebody up if they hurt your brother.

Before you knew it you were walking up to the front doors. Ali had met you there and your mother had went off to find seats.

Together the four of you walked to the front desk. After being asked for names, Daniel was asked what belt he was.

He started to stutter, unsure of what to say. Mr. Miyagi saved him as he asked, "why matter?"

The man getting the information sounded slightly annoyed at the question. "It's a home division. Only for brown belt or above."

Mr. Miyagi waisted no time as he said, "Boy black belt."

I shot him a questioning glance, trying to figure out what he was doing. Daniel didn't even have a white belt. He quickly waved you off, letting the man finish telling Daniel where to go.

Him and Ali quickly ran off, but Mr. Miyagi grabbed your hand, leading you in the direction of a black belt sitting in an open bag.

As Mr. Miyagi distracted the man by correcting him on the spelling of his name, you waisted no time in grabbing the belt and putting it up your shirt. Not waiting for the man to notice, you quickly walked away towards the arena.

When you stepped in, you were overwhelmed by how many people were there. You stood next to Ali, taking in the sight in front of you. Kids of all ages were fighting, the noises of both chattering parents and officials' whistles was no help in easing your nervousness.

Looking over the crowd you saw Johnny making a bee line for you. You heart jumped a bit seeing him. He was dressed in a sleeveless black gi, showing off his muscular arms. It had a v-neck, giving a good view of his chest.