Part 13: Dating

The second you were on school grounds, you saw Ali running up to you. She didn't wait a second before talking. "Are you and Johnny dating? Because I heard you were. And I was just wondering because we used to date and he was just sooo in love with me I didn't think he'd ever get over me. I just hope he isn't doing this to make me jealous."

Your eyebrows rose as she continued her rant about Johnny. "He was basically obsessed with m-" you didn't let her finish as you held up your hand. "We've hung out before, but nothing's official between us."

"But there's something there?" She asked, sounding slightly rigid.

"Well," you went to try and explain but stopped when you felt an arm being placed on your shoulders. You looked up to see Johnny eyeing Ali suspiciously.

"Hey." You smiled up at him.

"Hey Princess." He said grinning at you.

Ali rolled her eyes and started to walk away towards Susan and Barbara but you quickly yelled after her. "Who told you?"

She didn't stop walking but turned back to face you. "Daniel."

You let out a scoff. "Of course."

"What's her problem?" Johnny asked as you both began to walk into the school.

"I don't even know." You looked down to watch your feet. "She asked if we were dating and then kept talking about how in love with her you were."

Johnny stopped in his tracks and looked at you. "We dated for like a week. Don't listen to her. She just loves drama."

Satisfied with his answer, you nodded and walked to class together feeling slightly better about the situation.

*** *** ***
"The tournament's coming up." You said to Johnny one day as you were walking along the beach hand in hand.

"Believe me, I know. Sensei won't let me forget about it." He said shaking his head.

"Are you excited?" You asked, curious as to why he sounded so down.

He shrugged. "It's a lot of pressure. I don't know what Sensei would do if I lost. But I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm excited to fight your brother again."

You laughed as you shook your head. "I don't know Lawrence. I think he's got a chance at taking you down this time."

He looked at you like you just said the sky was pink. "Yeah right."

You stopped walking and stood in front of him. "Let's make this more interesting. If he beats you..." you paused, trying to think of something good. Your face lit up as you thought of the perfect idea. "If he beats you, you have to do whatever I say for an entire day."

His jaw dropped. But he quickly changed his expression to a smirk. "And if I win, you have to wear an outfit I pick out for you for an entire day."

He put out his hand, and you quickly shook it. "You've got a deal Lawrence."

*** *** ***
"Johnny over here!" You yelled as you played soccer with him and the other Cobra Kais.

He quickly passed you the ball and you took off towards the goal. You dodged Dutch as you sprinted forward. Kicking the ball with all your might, you watched as it sailed into the left corner of the goal.

"Damn it!" You heard Dutch yell behind you.

"Better luck next time, Dutchy!" You yelled back at him.

You smiled and jogged back to your team, who were all cheering you on. When you reached Johnny, he put his hands on your waist and lifted you up, spinning you around in celebration.