chapter seven

-chapter seven-
(  ★彡 arguments and loves you. )

"PREVIOUSLY ON PETER AND ARA SCREWS THE POOCH.." Tony started as ara closed her eyes. "I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do."

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asked as ara's head lifted from his shoulder and peter immediately missing the warmth.
"No thanks to you." Tony said
"Thanks to me?" Peter said and got up from sitting.
"Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it but you didn't listen, none of this would've happened if you had just listened to me!" Peter yelled as ara stood up.
"If you even cared, you'd actually be here." Peter said then the suit opened and tony walked out.
Ara crossed her arms.
"I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh?" Tony said, ara was getting angrier the second.
"Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year old-kid." He continued

"I'm 15." Peter said

"No, this is where you zip it! all right?! The adult is talking." Tony yelled making ara flinch, she never tried or wanted to get on his bad side. But here she is, probably about to get yelled at.

"What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? Because that's on you."
"And if you died, I feel like that's on me."
Ara's shoulders lowered. She suddenly felt super guilty.

"I don't need that on my conscience." Tony said
"Yes sir, I'm sorry. I understand." Peter started tried to apologize.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." Tony said.
"I- I just wanted to be like you." Peter said, and sounded like he was on the verge of tears.
"And I wanted you to be better." Tony said looking at him.
"Okay, it's not working out. I'm gonna need the suit back." He said and ara's anger immediately came back.
"What?!" Ara said and walked closer to peter.
"You too missy." Tony said to his daughter.
"For how long?" Peter asked.
"Forever."
"Dad, you can't do that. He was trying to be-"
"I don't wanna hear. that's just how it works."
"No, no, please." Peter said
"Let's have it." Tony said.
"Please, you don't understand! This is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit." Peter pleaded as ara bit her lip.
"If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it."

"God, I sound like my dad."

"I don't have any other clothes." Peter said as ara heard him she covered up a weird inhuman noise with a cough.

Tony looked at his daughter with an eyebrow raised.
Ara just looked away and rubbed her arm.

"Okay, we'll sort that out." Tony said.

2 hours later.

Ara was currently sitting on the big couch in stark tower. She was forced to come here by her father since he was still pissed at her.
Ara messed with the hem of her shirt.
'I gotta talk to peter, I wanna give him a hug.' Ara thought to herself, she then heard footsteps and the couch dip beside her.

"So, when were you gonna tell me?"
Ara didn't dare to look his way and kept her eyes on her fingers.

"Until your sister found out and told me? Or until I found you in a museum?"

"Look, I wanted to tell you. But it's hard to tell your rich superhero dad that has a lot of enemies something like that." Ara started, she was now on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, I should've told you..I just didn't want to risk being in a lab because now apparently your daughter has a tail." Ara said as she messed with her hair.
"If you're wondering I wouldn't put you in a lab, and I still love you no matter what you are." Tony said as ara smiled and hugged her father.
"Now, I won't run any tests on you but I do want to know how it happened." Tony said as they pulled apart. Ara let out a laugh.

"Well, it's kinda a long story and I'm not completely sure.." Ara said then looked at her father who looked like he was ready to listen.
Ara sighed and started to trace it back to the beginning.
"Well, remember when the Australian water police found us swimming in the water?"
Tony nodded.
"Well we just said we got stranded in the ocean but..okay we did so we went to the nearest land which was mako island..and we found a cave with a pool of some sort..." Ara trailed off and shook her head.
"Long story short the pool started to bubble and the next day we had tails." Ara finished and looked at her dad.
"I'll see what's up with it, but you should get some sleep." he said as he patted her shoulder.
"I love you." Ara said suddenly.
"Love you too." He said and ara smiled and made her way to her room.