Ch. 9 JB Gave ME Music ... My Heart Yada Yada

We all crowded around my window, looking out at the moving truck, and the disguised superstar beside it.

"Hey, that's Pattie!" I exclaimed, watching a green Mercedes pull into the nextdoor driveway.

"Does that mean..?" Diana began. We shrugged as Justin pulled something out of the moving van.

"A Beyonce poster. Yep, he's moving in," I said, excited. My best guy friend was moving in nextdoor! I pulled out my phone.

A: Justin, look up.

He pulled out his vibrating phone and his eyes followed the rows of houses until he spotted us. A big grin lit his face, and we seemed to have forgotten our former argument.

J: Hey, Artemis! I didn't know you lived here!

A: And I didn't know you were moving in next door! Btw, srry if we keep u up tonite, we r having a sleepovr.

J: Oooh, can I come? ;)

A: Not in this life, Bieber.

J: ):

A: Deal with it, playerboy!

J: Kk. C u tmrw.

A: Kk.

J: I <3 u.

I froze before answering.

"Artemis, he won't be like Derrick," Diana encouraged me. "We'll make sure of it." I let out a deep breath and glanced at Justin's waiting face. He looked up in confusion when I didn't answer.

"I love you, too," I mouthed. His smile suddenly brightened every darkness. I blew him a kiss, and he pretended to catch it.

A: Good nite, J.

J: Good nite, shawty.

I hung up and turned back to the girls, who had these huge smirks on their faces, like they had known this was going to happen.

"What?" I blushed, looking away, fingering the hem of my black tank top.

"We are going to play with Old Blue and the Crew tommorrow," Jazmine told me.

"Why?"

"Because you need to do something you love."

Justin's POV

MoonGrl1: Are you up for some motorcycling today?

JBrocks16: Sure, why?

MoonGrl1: the girls, the guys, you, and I are going motorcycling today.

JBrocks16: Sounds cool. Where?

MoonGrl1: Diana's place. Her fam owns a farm so we made a motorcourse out of a small field.

JBrocks16: Kk. C u latr.