Cgh.23

I'm sorry my uploads have been so short. I have been trying to balance my time between play practice, dance classes, school, and music groups. Here is chapter 23!

Artemis' POV

We were at DiPasquale's, hanging out and having a good time. I can't believe I missed out on this so much because of Derrick.

Justin held me close as he laughed at one of Ryan's corny jokes. Chaz and Christian were having a straw-sword duel with each other. Jasmine, Selene, Diana, and I were all wondering how our lives got so good...

So of course, something had to interrupt.

"Bruise?" ,"Where are you, little lady?" Familiar voices asked as the door opened, ringing the bell at the front of the shop. I turned around, hearing my street name from when I was a street fighter. I squealed, seeing who it was.

"Ice! Flame! I haven't seen you guys in forever!" I exclaimed, jumping onto the blonde twin. HE laughed as I hugged him and his fire red-haired brother joined in. "What're you doing on my side of the town?"

"Bruise, that's what we need to talk to you about. That guy, the one who made you quit? He's back and he's trying to get your territory by saying you are his girl," Ice said quietly, piercing blue eyes looking deep into me.I shivered. He loved to mess with y head by doing that.

"We tried to tell them, little lady, but the crew wouldn't listen. If you want to keep your territory, you're gonna have to come down and show them you're not," Flame finished, using his nickname for me. I was the only girl street fighter in our state, and i was pretty good, not to toot my own horn. I had pretty much all the territory in the whole of California.

"Ay, who the heck are these guys and what do they want you to do?" Diana asked, harshly glaring at the boys.

"GIrls, you know how before I started middle school I would always be disappearing for days on end? Well, I would go to a special training room to learn how to fight. A year before I started dating Derrick, I started fighting for money. i won almost all of the territory in California, except for the territory these guys have," I nodded ruefully at the twins. They grinned widely.

"She never could take us, we were way out of her league," Ice teased, poking the small of my back. I took his hand, twisted it so he ended up infront of me, and kneed his crotch, making him collapse.

"He's right. I'm way out of their league," I replied, glancing at Flame who was trying to hide his laughing.

"Now Derrick's after it. That might have been all he was after from the beginning. BUt I'm going to stop him, and these too nuts are gonna help me."

************************************************************************************************************

JUstin's POV

THey knew her in middle school? Wow, that makes me realize all I've missed out on. The evil grin she has on doesn't console me at all. If she's going after her ex, I want to be there for her. I opened my mouth to say so, but my ringtone cut me off.

"Yo, Scooter, what's up?"

"You have a show this weekend in Los Angeles. I want you to come up now and start preparing." I opened my mouth to reply, but he cut me off. What is this, Don't-Let-Justin-Talk-Day? "No buts. NOW." I sighed.

"Fine, buddy, but i've gotta say goodbye to the crew first," I replied. He acknowledged that and hung up. "Jules, I have a show this weekend and Scooter wants me there now. I have to go. PLay nice with Derrick okay?" I grinned as her eyes lit up. I pressed my lips to hers gently, pulled back and rested my forehead against hers. "Come back to me, don't let him get in any shots," I whispered pleadingly. She smiled, closing her eyes.

"Hey, Monday's the talent show, and then summer is right around the corner. I wouldn't miss spending time with you for anything in the world," she whispered back. i kissed her forehead and walked away, but i turned back.

"Artemis?"

"Yes?

I love you."