20| The Heir of Slytherin

"All those times we were in that bathroom, and she was just three toilets away," said Ron bitterly at breakfast the next day, "and we could've asked her, and now..."

Miley yawned and agreed.

"No sleep?" Fred asked her tilting his head.

"Of course not. Not after that bloody..." she began but her voice trailed off. Oliver had entered the Great Hall and she wanted to spend some time with him. Fred watched Miley's eyes and his gaze hardened when he saw she was looking at her boyfriend.

"We'll just have to ask Myrtle somehow," George said quickly trying to avoid another row between Miley & Fred.

"I'll ask McGonagall if I can go to the bathroom- she'll let me go," Miley assured them.

***

"Fred!" she said and dropped her books because of the impact. "Sorry," he winced and picked them up for her.

"Exams!? We still bloody exams?" George roared as he followed after Miley and George. Miley forgot the big shock they had received earlier. Her mind was focused on what they would say to Myrtle later.

"I'll help you two study," she said with a sigh.

"Thank you, Miles," they sang making her crack a soft smile.

***

"I have great news," Professor McGonagall announced later that day.

"Dumbledore's coming back!" several people yelled joyfully- Miley being one of them.

"You've caught the Heir of Slytherin!" squealed a girl at the Hufflepuff table.

"Quidditch matches are back on?" Oliver asked loudly and Miley gave him an amused look.

When everyone had shouted their replies Professor McGonagall began speaking. "Professor Sprout has informed me that the Mandrakes are ready for cutting at last. Tonight, we will be able to revive those people who have been Petrified. I need hardly remind you all that one of them may well be able to tell us who, or what attacked them. I am hopeful that this dreadful year will end with our catching the culprit."

Everyone- besides most of the Slytherins- cheered. Ron looked cheerful. "It won't matter that we never asked Myrtle, then!" he said to Harry. "Hermione'll probably have all the answers when they wake her up! Mind you, she'll go crazy when she finds out we've got exams in three days time. She hasn't studied. It might be kinder to leave her where she is till they're over."

"Hey, Ginny," Miley said as Ginny came over to them. She looked pale and was shaky. "What's up?" Fred said as he shoved more food in his mouth.

Ginny got even paler.

"Spit it out," Ron said.

"I've got to tell you something," Ginny mumbled, carefully not looking at any of them.

"What is it?" Miley said softly.

"Is it something about the Chamber of Secrets? Have you seen anything? Someone acting oddly?" Harry asked leaning in closer to them.

Miley thought Ginny was acting a bit odd- she was much louder back at the Burrow but Miley didn't say anything.

It's probably just first-year nerves- I remember being nervous all the time when I was a first-year.

"Ok," Ginny said taking a deep breath but was interrupted by Percy.

Ginny jumped and ran away.