16| The holidays

My longest chapter yet

<3

***

It's been a day since Miley and Fred had "made-up" and they were pretending as if everything was back to normal.

The double attack on Justin and Nearly Headless Nick turned everybody frantic. Everyone was wondering what possibly could harm a ghost? here was almost a stampede to book seats on the Hogwarts Express so that students could go home for Christmas.

"At this rate, we'll be the only ones left," Ron told Harry, Hermione, Miley, and the twins. "Us, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle. What a jolly holiday it's going to be."

"Don't forget Stoods, Rocks, and Hinkley," Fred said reminding him about the 4-th year Slytherins.

"And especially Flint," Miley said. Fred shot her an amused look she pretended not to see.

Miley had her mind on the diary every time Ginny passed by. She couldn't help but notice how pale Ginny was getting. It was like she was the only one who paid any attention to that.

On top of that, Oliver had wanted to talk to Miley later after quidditch practice. She still couldn't get the kiss off her mind even when she had other matters going on in her life.

Miley felt bad for Harry who had to endure all the teasing and nervous looks he received from everyone every time he walked or made a small movement. Fred and George, however, found all this very funny. They went out of their way to march ahead of Harry down the corridors, shouting, "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..." Miley was thankful they got Harry's mind off of it sometimes.

Malfoy and Flint were the only ones who glared at Harry and Miley. Ron kept saying they were on the brink of finally telling everyone it was one of them who was the Heir.

"It's because he's bursting to say it's really him," said Ron knowingly for the hundredth time. "You know how he hates anyone beating him at anything, and you're getting all the credit for his dirty work."

"Well, the potion is almost ready- we'll just have to see," Hermione said reminding them how close they were to finally getting the answers.

***

"See you guys after the holidays!" Oliver said once quidditch practice ended.

"Oliver ending practice early? Miley must be doing something," Katie said letting a low whistle. Fred scowled.

Miley slowed down while everyone left and soon it was just her and Oliver.

"Hey," she grinned at him.

"Miley- I- do- we-" Oliver began suddenly losing his confidence.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" he asked in one breath. Miley laughed and stepped closer to him. He was hoping he could close the distance between them and he did.

"Of course," she said and he smashed his lips to hers.

After one steamy hot kiss, they pulled back for air.

***

As the term ended, the Gryffindor common room was empty- except for the Weasleys, Harry, Miley, Ron, and Hermione who played games.

She and Oliver didn't tell anyone that she and Oliver were official- they liked being a secret and let anyone assume whatever they wanted to.

"Morning," George sang waking Miley up on Christmas morning. Miley was a little hopeful she would wake up in Fred's arms like last year but had to hide her disappointment when she saw he wasn't here at all.