Chapter 13.

Where the fuck is she? I snarled through my link to the pack

 Liam, calm down! My father growled back at me through the link.

seeing as he was still in wolf form waiting and pacing at the edge of the lake for anyone to come up out of the water that had been holding our mates for more than six hours, as it was I had been watching the lake for four hours before the light had started and Jessie went to it. 

I had a lot on my mind at the time. I saw a flicker in the water and saw it coming up fast.

Members of the pack perked up, curiosity.

A few very large warrior looking men and women came up to the surface first and they were huge, their tails were colossal.

More came up next taking certain stances next to men and clinging to them intimately, must be together in their form of relationship.  The next four figures to resurface were protected heavily with the guards already at the surface, among them I notice familiar facial features but they were so different I could easily recognize Lucas and Jackson but not the two women following them. They were the last of the beings to come up in the lake, one had to be Jezebell because she had a crown and her tail was no longer silver, it was gold and just longer.

The other looked so familiar but so beautiful then I looked closer and my wolf barked to me that she was our mate, our Jessie. Jessie was now blond and had blue eyes. It's not that she didn't look amazing-which she always did- but I just wasn't used to this appearance. Her tail was a dark blue and it matched her eyes, but the thing that pissed me off was that her chest was only covered by her blond hair and now that she was resurfaced was dry, or just barely damp.

Do mermaids not own shirts?

I marched into the water and stormed to where my mate was lodged in front of Jezebell with Lucas and Jackson at her side protecting their royalty or whatever, before I could reach her the men at the front had me pinned into the nearest rock. 

I heard my Jessie hiss and plea for them to let me go.

My pack trodded in after me but as they started coming in the current rose and the men released me once the water of the lake created a dome of water around us. I looked up and saw Jeze's hands in the air, commanding the water, it seemed. "Jessie, please control your mate." She murmured.

Jessie took swam towards me and put her hand on my chest and I immediately drew her into my chest and covered her exposed body with mine, "Mine," I growled possessively to the other men in the lake with us.

 She pulled my chin down to look into her eyes and she kissed my jaw, "It's fine. Are you okay?" her silky voice rang out around us in high soprano range making me want her more than I already do. She smiled with a blush marring her cheeks, "Liam, we can hear your thoughts while you’re in the water." She's so beautiful.

 Jeze around searching for any direct threats. Her eyes flashed to me when I thought of how her temper always worn so thin when she was tired.

Water splashed at me from two directions the front and back forcing me under. Have you ever been under the water and your trying to get up and another wave keeps you under? That was how this was to me at the moment.

I felt a gentle hand grip my arm and pull me up with much strength and from the sparks of her touch I knew it was my mate that saved me. Once up I started to cough up the water but watched as the water was suspended in mid air coming out of me. Once it was all out I was breathing in and out hard trying to register all around me that just happened. That was the creepiest shit I had ever seen. I clung to my mate's waist seeing as she was easily steadied in the water, she just chuckled and stroked my head which was on her neck.