Chapter 11.

"Liam, how dare you refuse such an honor!" Hissed Grandma Lydia.

She stormed into the study where Jessie and I were arguing. "The last remaining Princess of Mermaids herself asked you to rebuild their kingdom under your lake! It would be as if you are refusing The Alpha King to reside in your territory!" She spat at me. She turned to Jessie and smiled softly, "You, I knew there was something special about you! You were too cold and your eyes they are too colorless in certain lights. Are you twisted? May I see your tail?"

"I'm not twisted yet but I am fully scaled," she smiled back politely. "Jeze will help me twist after she has all eggs in her care."

This was making no sense to me what-so-ever. "Aahh, Jezebell I perfectly remember the day when she was born. Her parents were thrilled then the war started and they passed on." She began to dive into a short history lesson on the fall of the mermaid empire then.

I was in shock, I had known Grandma Lydia had a fascination for mermaids but this was just too much. She knew they were real and now I find out my mate and my Beta Female are mermaids.

What is going on! It is as though I stepped into another world.

The girl I've known for two years and treated as a sister is a Princess and soon to be Queen of a nearly extinct race, that she had to repopulate. When Josh heard that, he freaked and his rage affected the whole pack.

I had more possessive male werewolves on my hands than ever.

My pack needs a Beta and a Beta needs his mate by his side always. My Beta also needed an heir himself, which the Alpha King is still waiting on.

The pack would never give up its Beta for even a dying race.

Someone knocked on my door and Jeze came in and Grandma Lydia got up and bowed to her, "Princess," Jessie and her said at the same time. I felt awkward standing up but I am an Alpha and I'm not bowing down to a little girl who I am more powerful and dominant over.

I growled at the fact that her own Luna was bowing to her but I could understand it, she was a high status in her race, but we are not in her kingdom. We are in mine.

"Liam, I must speak with you now, outside please." She escorted me outside and walked us to the edge of the land where the lake was about to begin and then Lucas came up out of no where. "What the hell is this?"

"It's telling you what you need to know. Liam, you are my friend but there are certain consequences you will receive for dismissing my proposal and that could mean I have to take Jessie away from you," she murmered, looking away but this was something she needed to do in order to help her people. I could respect that but I would wholeheartedly object to any life where my mate was taken even a heartbeat away.

"No-"

"Then don't make me, she is apart of my race not yours I asked if I could build my kingdom here so she could stay with you, you ungrateful Alpha pup. But if I cannot start a foundation here my only other option is farther out into the ocean where she could may never come to visit. So one last time, Liam, can we reside here?"

I could only nod for I was left without words. I did not know the consequences of my hesitancy towards this, in a way I had somehow just assumed my mate would remain with me.

"I apologize, but you needed to know my motives towards wanting to be here so badly and Jessie came to me and begged not to be taken away from you. She also wanted to be here. Liam, please don't test me on this because I want you to be happy, with your mate. Come, we have work to do," She said before diving into the water with all her clothes on. I just stared at where she went thinking about all of this new information.

"She's so beautiful, does it not amaze you how someone so beautiful and so powerful will be one with someone else who is the same race and social class?" Lucas smirked at me before looking down at where she surfaced waiting for everyone. "I think our mer-children will be absolutely perfect, wouldn't you agree?" I heard a growl and defeaning snarl as I saw Josh's wolf coming up behind Lucas and I.

Lucas just smirked and dived off the rock she had jumped off of and into the water a minute later he reappeared next to her throwing us a glittered smiled.

They were surrounded moments later by a dozen colorful tails all tangling together playfully. It was beautiful to watch them dance together.

She halted the festivities before diving filly under the water, her silver tail gracefully following her. Lucas stared up at us, showing off the length of his green tail, almost lewdly before following her under.

They dived down farther than I could see into the darkness. I was still watching the water thinking about how dangerous the open waters would be for Jessie and how I almost condemned her to them.

My Jessie, my innocent little mate who could hardly go in front of a room full of people without stuttering.

I saw the lake glowing and all the new people who had went into the water and I saw the colorful tails everywhere. The glow only got brighter until it all paused and faded.

Then everything was normal but the lake wasn't a dark murky blue anymore it was now a sparkling blue and crystal clear I could see city-like structures  much more extravagant than Ariel's at the bottom. I knew she would always be safe now.

The pack and I would always treasure my Lunas heritage.

Jessie came out and stepped into the water, she dressed in a long white dress watching the water wet the fabic and dragged it along her legs. I immediatly went to her.

"They gave me this dress as apart of welcome and ritual tradition." She calmly spoke not meeting my gaze.

She looked down and saw the mermaids gathering together under the water and pointed to her. They came up and looked at her with sympathy.

I gently cupped her chin and turned her face to mine. "You do not need to do this."

She guled before opening her mouth but was cut of by the splashing of water.

One swam up to her and said in a soft and sweet voice, "The Queen would like to twist you now. She has accepted the bonds of the eggs and wishes to make you more at ease in our kingdom."

I wanted to see it happen though, "No, tell Jeze she has to come here to do it," I replied before Jessie could accept.

"Queen Jezebell is very weak right now and needs to be guarded by the safety of our kingdom's palace, Monsieur Alpha Bastille," spat one of the shy looking girls.

"Then she can't go," I stated with no sympathy in my voice.

"What? No. No! I will, please take me to her," Jessie said in a paniced voice. I knew she wanted this but I knew from grandma Lydia that it was an excruciating pain and I can not let her go through that alone.

"We can hear your thoughts shifter and she won't be alone! She has us, her rightful family, the Queen knows how much Jessie wants this and even in her weakest state she insists." One of the sneery ones hissed back. She glared at me but turned to smile gently at Jessie and held out her hand.

Another put a hand on her arm, "Alpha, we will take care of her, I promise. She is my niece, I will not let anything happen to her." This one who came to be had a blue tail with a softer, kinder face as Jessie was already under the water.