Chapter 7

* Marco *

I woke up and looked around.

It wasn't a dream. My father had kicked me out of our house, abandoning me when I needed him most. But somebody was there for me, and his grip was squeezing the air out of my lungs. " Mave, can't breath. " I choked, slapping his muscular arms. He yawned into my neck and loosened his grip. I rolled over and looked him in the eye. " You cry in your sleep. " he said rubbing my face, wiping away the dried tears. I smiled wryly at him. I sat up and looked around his room. My clothes had been put away, probably by his mother while we slept. " Are we gonna have to talk to your parents? " I questioned him as I walked to find an outfit. He didn't answer right away, but he walked toward me. " They understand, the looks on our faces and the giant bag probably gave it away. " he said chuckling a little bit. I turned and stared at him. I thought about being mad at him. Mad that he laughed at what had happened last night. But then I remembered, he is the one who loved me enough to bring me to his home, without a single doubt.

   Soon his laughter became contagious and we both doubled over laughing. I pulled my body close to his and smiled into his chest. His heart beat was soothing to me after all of this. " Babe, you stink. " he laughed as he kissed my forehead. I pushed him away and continued to the shower outside. I thought he would let me be alone,I was wrong. He got into the shower and rubbed my back. " I was planning on thinking a little bit. " I said turning and kissing him. I looked over his body, taking in the smallest details. The way his body hair got wavy in the water. The freckle he had right next to his belly button. When he smiled down at me, his smile was slightly crooked. He was the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

But even with all the love I felt radiating from him. I could feel something darker coming over me, and it threatened to break me. So I clung to Maverick, internally pleading, that I wouldn't slip into the same depression I had when Bo and I had broken up. That was bad, I hadn't eaten for weeks, I let my clothes get shabby. I even started cutting myself. It took Bo coming to me himself and talking me off a ledge. It's the reason I had so much love and respect for him at the end of the day. Now, it was Maverick I was going to need to pull me through this. So we stood there in the shower, me in his arms, tears falling silently from my eyes.

* Maverick *

Marco and I just sat on the couch getting ready to watch a movie. He laid his head in my lap and got comfortable. Just a we were going to start the movie, his phone began to buzz on the table.

"Marco, bro Kim just called me...where are you?"  I could hear Alex frantically speaking into his ear. Marco slowed him and told him where he was. " I'm coming!" Alex yelled and I could hear him moving around as he spoke. Marco hung up and looked up at me. The look on his face told me he knew Alex was serious.

Twenty minutes later, Alex and a few others had shown up. Including Matthew, Terry, my brothers, and some of my swim mates. Before long we had a group of people who wanted nothing more than to help. Nobody really said anything, but just sat with us. In the middle of the movie, Marco went to the bathroom and as soon as he was out of earshot, I was bombarded with questions. " He's going to be fine mates, it's just a rough situation right now. " I addressed the group. Soon Marco was back and back in my lap as we finished the movie. " Is it okay if Alex and my brothers stay tonight? " he whispered in my ear. I had wanted to spend our night together, just the two of us. But I knew he needed to be with his family as well. I nodded and kissed his nose. After milling around and numerous condolences Marco and I set up the living room for the overnight guest. I watched as they all got  cozy on the couches and floor. I went into my room to find Marco on the bed asleep. I pulled the cover over his body as I climbed in and put my arms around him. I slowly drifted off to sleep to his breathing. I'd made up my mind. No matter how long it took him to get back to his normal loveable self I would be here to help him in any way I can.