Chapter 14

Alex

"I haven't even been to see him yet!" I ran around trying to find any clothes to where. "That's because he just got back to Mav's house twelve hours ago." Kim said grabbing my arm and pulling me back to her. Marco didn't know that I'd started dating Kim. Mostly because it happened when he was in a coma. She was great, always there when I needed her. It started out as just keeping each other company, then one day I looked at her, like really looked at her. She was wearing a sweatshirt and yoga pants. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were bloodshot. In short She looked terrible, but to me she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I asked her to dinner one night after we visited Marco, and the rest is history.

"Alex, relax we have time to go see him." she caresses my face. "Plus I wouldn't doubt that he and Mav have a lot to catch up on." as she said this her hands found their way to my butt. "You really are a bad girl, you know that right." I kiss her and pull her on top of me. We became a mess of limbs as we worked our way under the covers. It was so good, until the door opened.

"What the hell is going on!" it was Marco. He turned on his heels and stormed down the stairs. "You're in a coma for six weeks, and everybody is fucking somebody new!" he yelled as he walked away. "Well that's one way to tell him." I said to Kim, who had her face buried in her hands. "Oh my god, go talk to him!" She shrieked at me hitting my chest. I laughed as i pulled on my shorts and ran downstairs. I found Marco in the backyard in the old tree fort we'd helped my dad build when we were ten. As I climbed the ladder he threw a barrage of things down at me. "I can't believe you're screwing my sister, you know how weird that is!" he tossed a tennis racket right past my ear. He was always deadly accurate when he wanted to be.

He finally stopped throwing things as I sat next to him. "We were on the way over to tell you, we weren't expecting you to show up during that." I laugh at his expression. But his eyes give away something more. "Marc, what's wrong?" he went on to tell me how Maverick was a liar, and a cheater. With every word he said I became more and more furious. I jumped out of the tree house and went straight for my car.

15 minutes later

"Don't come near him again, you piece of shit!" I yelled at Maverick, standing above him as he clutched his nose. I saw his fist clench in anger but he didn't react. And how could he, he'd just broken my best friend's heart. I turned away and walked out the door, making sure to slam the door extra hard. I heard a picture fall off the wall.

-Maverick-

Alex hit hard.
I wanted to hit him back, I really did, but what good would that have done if I'd beat up Marco's best friend. So I took the hit. He definitely broke my nose. Now explaining this to my parents will be the epitome of shameful. My dad will give me his disappointed stare and my mum, oh my mum is going to kill me. She loved Marco just like she loved myself and my brothers. When I have to tell her that Alex broke my nose because I cheated on Marco, she will put a taser in my neck.

I had to tell them though, if I wanted to get their advice on how to Marco back. I took a deep breath and tried to relax my face, but I made the mistake of looking into my mothers eyes, and everything else was instantly at a stand still.