Chapter 9

Marco has been in a coma for two weeks now. For two weeks I haven't been to school, I haven't really been anywhere but my house to get clothes. Everyday I wash him. Everyday I stretch him. Everyday I watch him, hoping he'll wake up. But it seems like day after day, nothing happens. All around him his family and I are constantly present, talking to him as if he's going to join in the conversation at anytime. His family, although they didn't say it out loud, blamed me for this. I could see the looks they gave me when they thought I wouldn't notice. But I always saw. And they were right, I blamed myself too. How could I have let him get to such a dark place. He needed me and I failed him, I let him push me away and do this to himself.

    Now as I sat next to his bed, with the sun going down and his family going home for the night, I talked to him. "Marco, I'm so sorry. I should've taken better care of you, I should've been there when you needed me." I could feel myself start to cry. " Baby I need you to come back. Me and your brothers and sister, we're all out here waiting on you, and baby we need you more than you'll ever know." I sat back in my chair holding on to his hand. Soon I could feel myself falling asleep.

*Marco*

I could hear them.

They talked to me, but I couldn't see them. Everything was dark around me, so dark I thought I was dead. But when Maverick's voice broke into the void it seemed to bring color to this place I was in. I walked into nowhere trying to get back to them. Thinking about it I began to feel sad, I'd done this to them and to myself.

I was going to get back to them, no matter what it took.