Chapter 8 ( cont. )

Marco had been in the room for almost twenty-four hours and I hadn't heard a anything from the room. That thought bothered me, but what could I do, he'd locked the door and my breaking down doors wouldn't do anything. I was getting in from dinner when I ran into Matthew and Terry making their way to my house.

" Hey guys, he hasn't been in the room since yesterday morning." my words feel on deaf ears as a gunshot rang out from my room. Matthew ran right through my bedroom door, with Terry right behind him. I stood frozen in fear. Fear of what I would see on the other side of the wall. But then Terry came around the corner.

"Call am ambulance, he didn't shoot himself but he did get to his wrist!" he yelled at me going back to Marco and Matthew. I pulled myself together and called the hospital.

- 3 hours later-

I waited with my family and Marco's siblings, the white walls of the waiting room seemed to dim with our moods. Kim sat with her face buried in Matt's shoulder, while Terry was consoling their mother on the phone.

" Mave honey, he's going to get through this... he's a strong boy." my mom rubs my back. I fought back tears and stood looking out into the hallway for a doctor. I could feel all their eyes burning into my back, but I didn't couldn't bring myself to look back. Just as I was going to snap the doctor turned the corner and waked toward us.

" He's stable, " is all he said to me. " He wants to see his family. " he said motioning for the Davis' to follow him. I sat for another hour before my parents decided to take my brothers home. And by the time I finally saw the doctor again the sun was coming up over the horizon.

" Mr. Ward, follow me." he led me to the room they kept Marco. I don't know what I expected to see but it couldn't have been worse than what I saw before me. Marco lay in a bed strapped down with tubes coming out of his throat and other invisible places. " What is wrong with him? " I asked grabbing my boyfriends hand. The doctor was silent for a long time as he looked at the machines and charts around Marco's bed. He left out a deep sigh.

"He lost a lot of blood in the time he was alone, we have him medicine to help him sleep and he never woke up, we're guessing he slipped into a coma while in his sleep." he said looking beyond me ah the wall. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, they were guessing. That really meant that nobody could tell me for sure that I'd get the love of my life back.