Chapter Sixteen-Happy New Year

Wednesday

January 1st, 1986

12:00 am

Bobby's House

"3...2...1!" Everyone yelled at the top of their lungs as the clock struck midnight. Bobby's parents were throwing a New Year's Eve party. Marty and Y/n stood together, with Bobby, Lee, Jennifer, and Paul. Lorraine and George were hanging out with the gang's parents. The only people that were missing were Doc and Clara. Y/n didn't know when they would visit. The last time Y/n saw them was when she and Marty came back from 1885. Y/n took a drink of the champagne and Marty did the same.

Marty noticed as Y/n's eye's drifted from the clock to the door. "Do you think he'll come?" Marty asked. Y/n shrugged, "I don't know, you'd think he would want to come. I mean the whole celebration is about time," Y/n joked, trying to make herself feel better.

Marty laughed and pulled Y/n closer to him, "I think he'll come. He wouldn't want people asking questions," Marty observed.

Y/n smiled at her boyfriend's new found smartness. "Wow future boy, I think '86 might be your year," she joked. Marty playfully rolled his eyes, and kissed her head.

Lorraine and George walked up to Y/n and Marty, champagne glasses in hand. "Well hello you too," Lorraine said in her sweet voice. "Where's your Uncle, Y/n?" she continued.

Y/n searched her brain for an excuse, "Uh, I don't know? His last letter said he might come back later this year," Y/n trailed off. "Oh then he must be really busy?" Goerge said, interested. Y/n nodded, "Yeah, I barely hear a thing sometimes," she said.

Y/n drifted off to the kitchen to talk to Jennifer, while the boy's played some music for the party guests. "So, you got into UCLA? Jennifer that's amazing," Y/n said, as her and Jennifer were sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, Paul's not to happy about it. I can tell because he's been super grumpy lately," Jennifer said. Y/n laughed, "Sounds like him," she joked. Both Jennifer and Y/n laughed.

"What about you? Where did you get into?" Jennifer asked. "I'm going to stay in Hill Valley and go to Valley University. Marty's going there while the band records more of their tape and we don't want to leave each other," Y/n said.

Jennifer looked a little surprised, "Wow, you guys must be really serious," she said. Y/n blushed, "Very, going back in time will do that," Y/n joked.

Jennifer laughed, "Sometimes I forget your from the '50's," she told Y/n.

The next morning Y/n woke up to a loud crash outside. She got up and walked out of the garage, a surprised look feel upon her face. "Uncle Doc! Clara!" Y/n exclaimed, seeing the time train. "Jules! Verne!" Y/n said, seeing her cousin's peeking out behind their parents.

"Y/n!" Doc said, coming over to hug his niece. "I cannot believe your here! I missed you so much!" Y/n said, hugging her Uncle. "Hey Clara," Y/n said hugging Clara next. "We missed you too," Clara said.

"How are things? How is Marty? How is Einstein? How is school? Where are you going next year?" Doc asked, completely bombarding his niece with question's.

Y/n laughed, "Thing's are good. Marty is fine and his band is good too. Einstien is fine as well. School's great, all A's as usual, and Marty and I are attending VU next fall together," Y/n said answering Doc's questions in the same order he asked them.

"Very good!" Doc exclaimed. They all went inside the garage, and hung out. Y/n called Marty and told him to come over, "Marty it's a surprise, just come over, please," Y/n said into the phone.

Marty rushed over to Doc's garage, half worried about his girlfriend, but the other half of him confused. He knocked on the door and Y/n opened it. "Are you okay, beautiful?" Marty asked immediately.

"I'm perfectly fine, future boy. Uncle Doc is here," Y/n said smiling. Marty smiled and ran passed Y/n into the garage. Y/n laughed under her breath at her boyfriend's eagerness to see his friend.

"Doc!" Marty exclaimed. "Marty!" Doc replied, the two hugged and Marty said hi to Clara, Jules, and Verne. "How long will you guys be here," Marty said handing Y/n a soda, as they both sat on the couch.

"Oh just a day or so, I hope that's alright," Doc said. Y/n nodded, "It's fine, I think we can set up an area to sleep over there," Y/n said, pointing to a small empty part of the garage. Doc laughed, "Don't be silly, the family and I will sleep in the time train," Doc said.

"What if someone see's it?" Marty asked, confused. "Emmett installed an invisibility shield," Clara said, proud of her husband's work.

"Oh! That reminds me! Y/n I went back to your mother's house from the '40's and was able to get some thing," Doc said to Y/n. Y/n's eyes widened, "What how, that must have been extremely risky," she said.

Y/n didn't talk about her parents often. Her mother got pregnant when she wasn't married and that caused her grandfather to disown her. Het mother and father never had the chance to get married, because they died in a house fire, when Y/n was six years old. She then went to go live with her Uncle Doc because her grandfather wanted nothing to do with his son or his granddaughter.

Doc handed Y/n a small picture frame with a photo of her mother and father dated the year Y/n was born. "Ruthie Brown and Harold Jacobson, 1938 Hill Valley California," Y/n read off of the bottom of the photo.

"Hey, you look just like your mom," Marty said looking at it over Y/n's shoulder. "I do, I don't remember that part," Y/n said.

"Thank you Uncle Doc, it means a lot," Y/n continued . "Happy Graduation," Doc said. Y/n and Marty laughed "We don't graduate until May," Y/n said.

Doc and Clara went to dinner later that night, leaving Y/n and Marty to babysit Jules and Verne. Y/n kept the boy's occupied, while Marty ordered pizza. The four ate dinner and then Y/n put Jules and Verne to bed on the couch, they quickly feel asleep.

"Do you ever uh- think about our kids?" Marty asked helping Y/n clean up the kitchen area of the garage. Y/n smiled, a blush coming to her cheeks. "Uh yeah, actually I do, sometimes. Why do you ask, future boy?" Y/n said turning to Marty.

Marty wrapped his arms around Y/n's waist, pulling her close to him, "Because doll, we know we have them in the future, and babysitting two kids makes you wonder," Marty trailed off.

Y/n rested her head on Marty's chest, "It is a little weird to think about though, it seems like such a long way away. I mean for one we haven't, you know. And two, we haven't even graduated yet," Y/n said.

"Well, I'm ready whenever you are," Marty said, he then realized how that sounded and corrected himself, "I meant about the thing we haven't done," he said, laughing a little.

Y/n giggled, "I know what you mean Marty," Y/n said, a little embarrassed.