Chapter Twelve-Reasoning

Marty and Y/n went up to Bobby's parents guest room. Marty closed the door behind them. Y/n was exhausted to say the least, and plopped down on the comfortable mattress.

"What a night," Marty said sitting next to her. "What a week," Y/n replied, wanting more than anything to close her eyes. Marty, noticing her eyes half closed, pulled her to his chest, laying down.

Y/n untied her hair and leaned in closer to Marty. Marty started to play with her hair as they laid on the bed. "I'm sorry, everything is so messed up," Marty said, quietly. "It's okay. We'll figure it out, we always do," Y/n said, smiling.

They sat in the quiet for a few minutes, it was so peaceful. Marty was home but his girlfriend and now his best friend were in danger. 'The nerve of that asshole' Marty thought.

Then Marty looked over to see Y/n fast asleep in his arms. He kissed her on the forehead and turned off the lamp, closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Morning came and Y/n woke up, feeling the side of Marty's face on her neck. His mouth was slightly open and her was softly snoring. Both of his arms were wrapped around Y/n's waist.

Y/n laughed softly, admiring her boyfriend. She leaned down and pecked him on the nose with her lips. Marty's face scrunched up and he opened his eyes, "Morning, beautiful," he said in a groggy tone. Y/n giggled, "Good morning, future boy," she replied.

Marty untangled himself from Y/n and they both got out of the bed. "Ugh, we have a big day ahead of us," Marty said, straightening up his clothes that he slept in.

"Yeah well personally, I'm ready to knock some sense into that asshole. If we could get an almanac back from Biff, we can get my file back from Eddie," Y/n said, putting her hair in a pony tail.

"That's my girl!" Marty exclaimed, kissing Y/n on the cheek. They walked out of the room and down the staircase. "Wait!" Marty whispered.

Y/n looked at him, confused. "What?" she whispered back. "Bobby's parents might be home," Marty replied. Y/n rolled her eyes, "True, but wouldn't they already know your here, your 4x4 is in the driveway," Y/n said.

"Marty, is that you?" said a woman's voice from the bottom of the staircase. "Yeah? Ugh sorry I stayed over last night, is Bobby here?" Marty said to the woman and the bottom of the stairs. Y/n assumed it was Bobby's mother.

"Who's the girl with you?" Bobby's mother asked, pointing to Y/n. "Oh hi! I'm Y/n Brown, I'm new here," Y/n said, peeking out behind Marty.

Bobby mother gave a skeptical look at both Marty and Y/n and then called Bobby over to the staircase. Bobby gave them both a 'sorry' look and told them to come down.

"Sorry about my mom," Bobby said walking Marty and Y/n out of his house. "It's okay Bobby, we're about to head over to Eddie's to try to reason with him," Y/n said, reassuringly.

Bobby gave Y/n a smile, and both Marty and Y/n hopped into the 4x4. Marty drove down the street and passed by Hill Valley's richest homes. "What about living here?" Marty asked.

Y/n smiled and shook her head, "Future boy, seriously? We won't have the kind of money to live here in future!" Y/n said surprised.

"Maybe we will, 'The Pinheads' could become very popular," Marty said. Y/n smiled, "That is true, you guys were amazing last night," Y/n said, turning her head to Marty. Marty smiled at her and took her hand.

"Okay, let's do this," Marty said taking Y/n's hand and walking up to Eddie's front door. Y/n knocked on the door a couple of times, and then Eddie opened the door.

"I was wondering when I was going to see you again, Ms. Brown," Eddie said to Y/n. Marty stiffened and Y/n rolled her eyes, "Cut the shit, Eddie we need to talk to you," Y/n said not wanting to deal with any of his flirtatious bull-shit.

"Well, come on in," Eddie said. Y/n and Marty walked in to find Bethany sitting on the couch, arms folded and legs crossed. "I assume you know we have your file," Bethany said.

Y/n let go of Marty's hand and stepped forward, "Yeah I do. And I want it back, Bobby shouldn't have to go down for something too. You're not going to tell anyone about Bobby, even though he made that deal with you," Y/n said pointing to Eddie.

"How did you-" Eddie started to say. "I'm not done, pretty boy. Not only are you not going to expose Bobby you aren't going to expose me either," Y/n told Bethany and Eddie. Marty just stood there, confident that his girlfriend could handle herself.

"And why would we ever do that?" Bethany said getting up from the couch and standing next to Eddie.

.......

When Y/n was younger, her mother would read her Nancy Drew Mystery Stories. Nancy Drew always solved  the mystery, always got the bad guy in the end.

When Y/n fought off Biff and got the almanac she felt like Nancy Drew. On her first week of school, Y/n read a modern 1980's Nancy Drew mystery. The crime had went from black mail to murder, but the ending was the same. She caught the bad guy.

.......

Noticing her file on the table, and fiddling with the lighter she found in her Uncle Doc's garage. She stepped toward the table, quickly grabbed the file and lit it with the lighter, causing it to quickly burn in front of both Eddie and Bethany.

"That's why, no one will believe you. And you won't out Bobby, he's already out to the most important people in his life, it won't matter what you say," Y/n said, giving one of Marty's classic smile-smirks.

The filed was burning so fast some of the fire hit Y/n's thumb, causing her to drop both a burnt file and the lighter.

Marty pulled Y/n back, close to him and they quickly walked out of the house. From the corner of Y/n's eye she watched as Eddie and Bethany we're stepping on the ruined file.

Y/n and Marty got into the 4x4 and drove away. "That was the hottest thing I think I've ever seen! And I am not talking about the fire!" Marty exclaimed, hitting the steering wheel with joy.

Y/n laughed, "I agree! That was so bad ass!" Y/n said, smiling. "Where did you get the idea, I never would have thought of that," Marty said in awe. "Nancy Drew," Y/n said, impressed with herself.