Chapter Five- The Cheerleader

After school on Wednesday, Jennifer, Paul, Y/n, and Marty all went to the gym. Jennifer somehow convinced Paul to come along, because she would be there, he agreed. Marty was excited to see Y/n cheer, his boyish charm showed throughout the afternoon. When they all entered the gym, they saw Bethany coaching the other cheerleaders, Eddie was sitting on the bleachers, a smug look on his face when he saw Marty and Paul.

Eddie got up and walked towards the four. "Hello everyone, Ms. Brown," Eddie said. Marty slightly stepped in front of Y/n, but Y/n had already stepped forward, "Hey Eddie," she said. 'Why does he call me that it's so annoying' she thought.

Bethany then ran over to Y/n, "Hey, there you are. I have a uniform for you to wear during tryouts. I'll walk you to the lockers." Bethany said, then kissing Eddie on the cheek before her and Y/n left. Y/n waved goodbye to Marty and their friends.

Marty, Paul, and Jennifer sat down on the bleachers, waiting for tryouts to start.

Y/n then came out with Bethany, wearing a Hill Valley cheerleading uniform. Y/n felt a little uncomfortable with how short the skirt was, but she actually thought she looked hot.

She put her wavey h/c hair into a messy ponytail and grabbed some pom-poms. Marty looked at Y/n in awe, 'she looks amazing' he thought.

Jennifer noticed Marty's mouth slightly open and laughed, "Hey Mcfly, keep it together," she said. Paul laughed and then turned to Jennifer, "Maybe you should get one of those?" he said, Jennifer playfully nudged him, "You wish," she said, leaning on Paul's shoulder.

Bethany grabbed the speaker and put a cassette tape into it, she pressed pause, before it would play. "Okay girls, this is Y/n Brown. She wants to be one of us, so let's give her a try, shall we?" Bethany said. "You want to be a cheerleader? Okay, show me what you got?" Bethany said to Y/n, pressing play on the speaker.

The song 'Hey Mickey' started to play and Y/n looked shocked at first, never hearing the song before. Then she heard the beat and started to dance, like she knew what was doing when in reality she didn't.

Marty saw her dancing and his stomach flipped, 'she could dance?! like that?!' he thought. He was impressed to say the least. He then noticed Eddie looking at Y/n in awe, and he clenched his fist.

The song ended and Bethany walked over to Y/n impressed. "Well, well, well. Welcome to the team, Brown. You've earned it." Bethany said, smirking. Y/n smiled and looked towards Marty, he looked mad. 'What's with him?' she thought.

"Thanks Bethany," Y/n said. "No problem we practice on Mondays and Wednesdays, and tomorrow of course. Don't forget the pep rally's on Friday," Bethany said. Y/n said thanks and grabbed her bag, and went to go see what was wrong with her boyfriend.

"Hey what's wrong?" Y/n said, putting her hand to his forehead. Paul and Jennifer looked at the two, confused, and then walked away to give them some privacy.

"Nothing, beautiful. You did great!" Marty said, half distracted, looking for Eddie. "Marty, I can tell when your not telling me something. What's up?" she asked removing her hand from his forehead and crossed her arms.

"It's Eddie." Marty said plainly. Y/n looked shocked, "You're jealous?" she asked. Marty blushed and nodded a little, "Yeah, but it's not just that. He said Rock-nerds and cheerleaders don't mix," Marty said, clearly offended.

Y/n laughed, thinking how cute he was. "What?" Marty asked. "Future boy, I don't care what that asshole Eddie thinks. I personally think that Rock-nerds and cheerleaders mix very well," Y/n said in almost a whisper.

Marty smile-smirked, looking into Y/n's e/c eyes. Marty put his hands to Y/n's cheeks and they leaned into kiss. Y/n perked up her leg per-usual.

Over on the other side of the gym Bethany and Eddie stood together looking at Marty and Y/n. "Well, you're plan didn't work, Bethany," Eddie said, rolling his eyes.

Bethany scoffed, "It was a last-minute plan, we need to be close to her at all times, which means you need to get your flirt on. I only get to see her twice a week. I looked at the file you showed me, she already went here, thirty years ago, and I want to find out why." Bethany said, crossing her arms.

Eddie looked at Y/n and Marty and crossed his arms as well.

A/n - sorry for the short chapter. Thanks for all your support! :)