Chapter 15: The Surprise Donation

aHA i updated on TIME HAHAHHA-

Enjoy!

"What are you doing here?" Marinette's tone was laced with anger. "I need to talk with Miss Dupain-Cheng, alone," Gabriel patiently waited for her to follow. "Who said I need to come," Marinette said as he turned his head around.

"It's about my grandchild, and I do not have all day," Gabriel said as Marinette hesitantly walked outside. "Now, what is it," Marinette was sure to keep a few feet away from him, cautious as ever. "Here," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a stack of cash.

"W-What is that!?" Marinette looked at the bills. "Money, for the child," Gabriel said, gesturing for her to take that. "Why did you want to give it to me separately?" Marinette still was unsure of the kind gesture.

"Adrien isn't speaking to me, and I have no idea where he is. You would be the only one who could take care of him for me," Gabriel tried to hide the sorrow in his tone. "And, I also don't want to support this behavior of his, since this is a safer way to make sure he never does this again,"

"Stop acting like this is Adrien's fault," Marinette almost yelled back. "It was because of an akuma attack that this happened," Marinette crossed her arms under her chest. "An akuma?" Gabriel turned a bit pale.

"Yes, because both I and Adrien got hit," Marinette was getting angrier by the second. Marinette didn't want to snap at Adrien's father, but she knew that if she did take the money, it would show that they both needed it. Even though, she really did.

"So, unless you have more to say, you can keep the money. I and Adrien are going to raise the baby on our own, since you made it clear you have no interest in helping us raise him," Marinette sighed shortly after.

"I do know that you need money, and I know Adrien will not let me be apart of his life," Gabriel sighed deeply. "And that is his choice, so take the money, I will be giving you monthly transfers," Gabriel said as Marinette got ready to protest.

"Gabriel-!" Marinette paused for a moment. "I and Adrien don't want to take money from you," Marinette was very ready to hand it back. "It is not for you and Adrien, it is for my grandchild," he closed the door and started to drive away.

Marinette looked at the cash in her hands, taking a deep breath. Marinette walked back into the bakery. "Are you okay dear?" Tom noticed her expression change. "Mr. Agreste, he just gave me a good sum of money," Marinette said as Sabine gasped.

"That is wonderful!" Sabine smiled, her eye's squinting in the process. "Is it though? I and Adrien want to raise the baby ourselves, not using his parenting techniques. We wouldn't want to take from him," Marinette was staring at the cash.

"He knows his parenting techniques are not the best, that is why he is silently helping you this way," Sabine carefully picked out her words. "I-I suppose," Marinette smiled. "I need to go tell Adrien, and I need to deposit this into the bank," Marinette quickly got her jacket.

"W-Where are you going?" Sabine said as Marinette smiled. "I need to go tell Adrien what his father did," Marinette smiled. Marinette knew she wasn't supposed to tell Adrien, but something about doing it, she knew it would make Adrien happier.

***
"You called?" Adrien walked into the bank, seeing her deposit the money. "Your father, he gave us a handsome sum of money, for the baby," Marinette felt the happiness peaking in her voice. "What do you mean," Adrien's voice had no emotion.

"Your father, he gave us money," Marinette felt her eyes tearing up. "I- he did?" Adrien had to check to make sure. Marinette squinted her eyes with joy. "Wow... that is more than enough," Adrien's breathing hitched.