Chapter 24: The Graduating Class - The Survivors & The Forgotten

Hey guys! I'm sorry for the late update! Even though it's 12:10am where I am, so it could be different for you guys .__.

But, let's just get into the chappy!

It was the day of Marinette's graduation, but it felt so bittersweet.

Well, mostly bitter.

Her best friend wasn't even there to walk up onto the stage and get her diploma while the rest of us did. How was that fair in the slightest?

Alya, out of everyone, deserved to get her diploma today. But, she was in the hospital, not even able to breathe properly anymore. Or, even for the rest of her life.

Also, her mother got fired from the hotel she worked at - and this meant she had no money to get food or even a grad dress to wear. Adrien rubbed Marinette's shoulder as she frowned more.

And, even with her pregnancy, she hadn't got a chance to sew her grad dress as she had always planned to do. She clenched her fist, thinking of the sick minds who had attacked their class that day.

***

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," the announcer called her name as she walked across the stage to grab her diploma. She smiled and shook their hand as she turned to the crowd to toss a glance at her parents. 

She saw them clapping and cheering, which warmed her heart and made her smile - even though everything was just a reminder that Alya wasn't here to get her diploma with her. 

~FLASHBACK~

"AUGH - I'm going to be late! Have a nice day sir!" Marinette quickly dashed across the road, not hearing what the man had whispered. The first day of high school can't be that different from eighth grade, right? Who was she kidding, it was totally different.

Marinette quickly ran through the doors, stealing a quick glance at the blonde boy who caught her eye. She quickly got into her seat, as Chloe and Sabrina met her sides. "This is going to be my seat!" Chloe exclaimed, rambling about how she should sit where she was.

"Go, sit with the new kid," Chloe scoffed as Marinette hurriedly grabbed her things, sitting beside her. "Ahh, quite a verbal beating I see," the girl commented as Marinette glanced over. "Y-Yeah, I suppose," Marinette sighed.

"I'm Alya, nice to meet you," she extended a hand as Marinette took it. "So, should I do something?" Marinette asked. Alya closed her eyes, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing," she added.

Marinette softly giggled. "I suppose," "And, my name is Marinette, by the way," she flashed a quick smile. "That's cool," Alya replied. "Here, take some of the macarons, well, from the ones left," Marinette smiled awkwardly as Alya giggled.

***

"What should I wear?" Marinette groaned. "Come on, it's just a tenth-grade dance!" "But ADRIEN is going to be there!" Marinette flopped onto her couch as Alya giggled, patting her back. "Okay, okay, let's just chill," Alya said as Marinette sighed.

"What are you thinking about?" "I- this one! Because, Adrien's favourite macaron is passion fruit, and this is the colour of them!" Marinette placed the summery dress over her clothing. "That looks great!" "Yeah, but what if it's not perfect enough!?"

Alya giggled. "Okay, just one second," she grabbed her phone as Marinette looked at who she was calling. "WHATAREYOUDOING!?" Marinette squealed as Alya dialled Adrien. "Hey, Alya!" Adrien answered the video call.

"Hey, Adrien," Alya looked up at Marinette shaking her head rapidly at her. "Marinette was wondering what dress she should wear, and she knows you got the same fashion eye as your father so..." Alya pointed her phone to the dress Marinette was holding, and the one laying on the couch.