chapter 12

Toshis pov

There was the weight that stuck to my heart. The feeling of denial. Like I shouldn't be running away.
I wanted to scream, shout, but only silence. I squeezed Enji's hand as fear rushed to my body. He noticed this and stopped running. " Whats wrong?"
' We shouldn't be running, it doesn't feel right.'
" so you saying we fight him?"
The hesitation in Toshis face clearly showed his answer. ' He wants us, he already killed over 50 people! No body will last! Everyone here has a future a dream to look up too...'
" What are you trying to say? That you'll give yourself up?"
Toshi gave a silent laugh.
" You can't be serious! We might've been heros before, but we not Endeavor or All Might!"
' yes we are, we've always been them. Always and forever. And right now, I can't let others die because we decided to be cowards.'
I gave him a strong look. I wasn't going to drop this, he could tell by the look on my face. ' Please, Enji. '
He sighed at me and nodded.
" Only because I love you, you dunce."
I gave him the brightest smile I ever could.
We ran the opposite from everyone else. Making our way out of the underground. We couldn't tell others, they'd want to come with.

I saw the blue sky covered in black smoke. My heart ached, please, don't die.
We zigged zagged through trees, knowing that Lucifer was making a slow victory.

" HAHAHA, such lovely faces, scared to death! Oh how much I've waited for- huh? HEY WHY YOU LITTLE-"
Torino grabbed a his now ripped cape and covered Lucifer's eyes, temporarily stopping the manslaughter.
" GET HIM! BEFORE HE KILLS MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE!" Torino screamed.
Gang orca moved as fast as hawks could while he was still number 2. Before combat could happen, Lucifer's minions jumped both orca and Torino Clearing the stage for Lucifer.
Both me and Enji jumped into the battle and held somthing infront of us so Lucifer doesn't kill us on sight.
" This is what I'm here for? Toshinoriiiii." He teased.
" You have no right to call him that." Enji snapped. Flamed erupting from his hands. I squeezed his arm tightly, scared out of my mind. " Missed me? I came back for you, y'know that, right?"
Lucifer's voice sounded cold and aggressive. " Unlike everyone else here, they left you behinde! After everything you've done for them! Don't you ever think of that?" Lucifer spat.
He was trying to get at me. But, wasn't he telling the truth? Even if it was, I would cut my entire leg off if it means I don't have to ever see him again. Thats when I started to realize, my entire body was shaking, my breath was comeing out into foggy puff clouds.
What the hell? My body doesn't even feel that cold, or not cold at all.
I sent a scared look at Enji. " Shit! What did you do to him?!?" Enji yelled.
Lucifer only laughed wickedly. " Oh that was a secret, you know about his quirk right? Or course you do! His quirk is like a fucked up version of mine. With me, I just stare and kill whatever I want, but with him, whoever he desires to kill...will indeed die. But, the less he uses the quirk, the colder his body becomes. And if he freezes completely, he'll die! Its kinda like that movie Frozen, but if one doesn't die, the host will. " Lucifer smiled.
But i- i can't-
" Toshi, you can kill him! And everything will be ok! Just kill him!" Enji yelled. My heart was racing, I know how to use it! Of course I did. But......

" It doesn't work on him..."

I clamped my mouth shut. Was that me?
Its been so long since I've spoke. But why now?

No ones pov

The battle field grew still. Unbearably still. Like a shocking plot twist appeared with no explanation. The red head's body stood Frozen as he glared at his lover. " W-was that you?" His voice grew cold. The blonde gave him a scared look. " So this entire time, you could speak?!" Enji hissed.
The blonde shook his head.
" N-No! If I could speak before hand I would've done so earlier!" The blonde cried. His voice sounded soft, quick, and scared, but like a soft touch of a flower petal.
" Well that's a shame, seems that one of my fateful servants have died. They quirk was the ability to take others voices, seems that he wasn't going to last another day." Lucifer sighed.
As much as Enji was happy to hear toshis voice again, the fact that his quirk was useless in this situation struck him. " You can try to move and kill me Todoroki, but if I even see a cell of your body, your simply dead." Lucifer beckon.
" So go on, show me what you can really do!"
Toshi threw the metal cover that had kept him hidden. " If my quirk doesn't work on him, then his shouldn't work on me." Toshi declared.
Thats when Lucifer's smile went deceased. " And so that is correct." He growled. " Y'know, thanks for all that training, really appreciate it. Because now I can finally kick your ass." Toshi smirked. Enji laughed loudly. " HA! THATS MY TOSHI!!!"

And the fight began.

Since Lucifer depended on his quirk, he wasn't much of the brawler type, which is why a bit of regret came to his head.
But as much as people wish him gone, he was kinda like that annoying bug you thought you killed but still lived.

We all know how this ends, Toshi is a fighter, his body shows it, and so does his eyes. But as he continued to fight his enemy, his body grew slower, colder, less manageable to move. " Did Jack frost nip at your nose?" Lucifer spat.
Toshi punched him on the nose.

Then something came to his head, there's only one person who is held deeply in the poor boys heart, and that someone, needed to be in his sight. As he dodged and moved swiftly, he signals his favorite servant. ' The red head, get him.' Is what Lucifer said with his eyes.
And the servant nodded.
Toshi knew what he was doing " NO!" He screeched, and slapped his hands ontop of Lucifer's eyes. " I will NOT let you kill him!" Toshi screamed.
Toshi slammed Lucifer's heads into the ground. Blood slowly trickled its way down Lucifers forehead. " Oh, heh.................I'm not the one who's doing the killing."
Toshi punch him with rage, basically trying to make him look like all for one.
It was a bloody sight to see coming from the symbol of peace.
When the mans face was bashed and bruised, Toshi finally stopped, letting out all that pent up rage from the pass 6 months was like extescy.
" Hahaha, you might beat me to a pulp, but you'll never know anything about yourself, who you are, where you came from, your origin is deceased from your mind. " Lucifer breathed.
" SHUT UP!" Toshi raged.
" Toshi!!!"
His head turned as he saw Enji buring the shit outta people. " Lets go!" He yelled.
Before Toshi knew it, a building was falling and Toshi had 50/50  that he'd make it.
" Damn." He spat. And made a run for it. Enji held his hand out for Toshi, prying to God he'd make it.

" RUN FASTER!"

" WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING?!?"

Enji sighed.

Hes not going to make it.

" I can't live without you."

The building fell faster, and faster.
And Toshi's body grew slower and slower. His hands and feet were becoming solid ice, crystal's forming on his skin. The more he moved, the more the pain became worse, skin ripping away from the ice. He surely wasn't going to make it. He fell onto the floor, shaking uncontrollably.

" Don't worry, I am here."

Toshi looked up to see Enji hugging him, he could no longer feel the warmth from the others body.
He hugged back tightly as his body grew numb.

" I'm sorry......."

" Don't be, I love you, alright? I always will, now and forever."

" I- I, l-love y-......."

" Toshinori?"

"........"

" Heh.......you dork..."

The building collapse with the two in it.
Hugging eachother tightly.
Forever the Symbol of peace and the No. 1 hero.

Go ahead, your rage fuels me.
-Unitylegend.