𝐢𝐱. 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄!" Zach confided as Gray shifted closer to me.

"Can we stay with you?" Gray asked, looking towards Owen.

Claire let out a deep breath, "I'm never leaving you as long as you live," She told the boys, who quickly began to disagree.

"No, no, no, him," The both rambled as they pointed towards my Uncle. Claire gave Owen an awkward glance.

"Yeah, definitely him," Gray added at the last second.

Like a complete blow to the stomach, Claire nodded softly as she faced the front of the car. "I'll stay with Clair then," I announced, receiving a thankful smile from her.

"So, where are we off to now?" Zach asked after a second of silence.

"I don't know about you, but I have a bone to pick with an incredibly idiotic man," I grumbled, and both Claire and Owen knew that I was talking about Hoskins.

"I couldn't agree more," Owen replied darkly as he stepped on the gas pedal.

⫷ ⫸

We slammed to a stop as Owen turned around in the driver's seat. "Stay here," He ordered and before I could object, he and Claire were already outside, angrily marching towards Hoskins.

"The mother hen has finally arrived," Hoskins announced to the InGen team as he approached my uncle. Out of nowhere, Owen threw him a solid left hook, straight in the jaw. Hoskins stumbled backwards from the force of contact, while the boys and I gasped loudly.

Hell, fucking, yeah!

"Get the hell out of here and stay away from my animals," I could hear Owen shout at him, annoyed.

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire snapped as she moved towards him, hands on her hips.

Looking towards the boys, I held out my hand, telling them to stay in the car. "Where?" Gray started but I was already out of the vehicle and standing next to Claire.

"Oh, Jesus," He exclaimed, "How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you?"

"It's not a mission," I stated as I crossed my arms over my chest, "It's a field test," Owen gave me a sharp look, reminding me that I should've stayed in the jeep, but I ignored it.

"This is an InGen situation now," I shook my head in disbelief. "Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light," Hoskins explained as Claire rolled her eyes dramatically. Every word that left his mouth was complete and utter bullshit.

"Everybody's gonna get off this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, better yet, how your animals saved lives!" He finished, his speech still unconvincing.