𝐯𝐢. 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄

𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓 as it wrung between my fingers, leaving me in my black bra. A cold breeze travelled down my spine as I kept my back to the boys.

Zach was wringing out just shirt as well, while Gray was sitting on a rock, dumping his shoes out.

I still felt sick to my stomach. A near-death experience was never an enjoyable time. The boys were still silent and I wouldn't dare speak a word unless I was spoken too.

I twisted my hair between my fingers as more water dripped down my arms and neck. My arms and back were bright red from when I made the painful connection with the water. It hurt to move around, but I knew I would have to suppress the pain for now.

I managed to get as much water out of my shorts without taking them off and I had already drained my shoes. I slipped my shirt back over my body, turning around as I did so.

When my head popped out, I was face to face with a shirtless Zach. My cheeks flushed instantly as his eyes met mine. He raised an eyebrow and I whipped around quickly, trying to avoid any conversations about what I had just seen.

"You okay, there?" He asked and I nodded, refusing to face him again.

"Yup, everything's fine," I muttered as I crossed my arms over my chest awkwardly. "Gray, you ready?" I called, still facing away from the boys.

"I'm good," He called back and I moved towards him, eyes steering away from Zach. I huddled towards the small, blond boy, with a reassuring smile on my face.

"I'm proud of you, you know that right?" I told him as I placed my hand in his shoulder.

"How did you know to unclip the seatbelts, back there?" Zach asked as he walked towards us.

"I... uh," I thought to myself. How did I know to do that back there? It's not like this has ever happened before. "Instinct, I guess," I answered. "I figured it would be better than becoming dinner for that thing,"

"What even was that thing?" Zach questioned to Gray, who shrugged his shoulders.

"I've never seen it before," Gray told us and I bit my lip. If Gray had no clue what that is, then we're screwed; and so is the entire park.

That's when my mind began to race. I dug through my bag viciously, trying to find my phone. When my fingers brushed against the screen, I grabbed it and pulled it out.

I dialled the first person I could think of; Owen. The phone rang for a minute then the line went completely silent. "Shit, shit, shit, shit!" I cried as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're okay," Zach whispered as he placed both of his hands on my shoulders. "Everything is going to be okay,"

My eyes met his and he gave me the sweetest smile. "I can't get a hold of my uncle," I told him quietly. "He's one of the only people who would know what to do in this situation,"