𝐢𝐢. 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓

𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 me as I pushed past the last stream of eager tourists, just waiting to see their first dinosaur. "Y/n," The man called with a smile, his french accent lacing every word.

"Barry," I grinned back as I jogged towards him, as he embraced me in a quick and tight hug. "How are you?"

"I am very well, thank you," He replied as he led me towards one of the park's jeeps. "And you?" He added as I slipped into the passenger seat.

"Couldn't be better," The engine started and we were on our way. Barry and I talked quietly as we drove down the dirt road, mainly catching up for the past few months.

We talked about school and my grades, as well as Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo- the four Raptors that my uncle is taking care of. Yes, my uncle works with dinosaurs. What did you think I meant when I said he works here.

The jeep stopped against the dirt, signalling our arrival to everyone still outside. I stepped out of the car, backpack in my hand and ready to find my uncle.

"He should be up with the Raptor, you know how to get there, right?" Barry asked as he shoved his keys into his pocket.

"For sure," I beamed as I waved goodbye.

Maneuvering through the small crowd of workers, my heart raced as I climbed the set of stairs, leading to the catwalk above. Before anything happens, I feel as if I should tell you a bit about my uncle.

Besides the fact that he is nothing like my mother, they still have a few similarities. One of them being that I am not allowed to help with the dinosaurs. Which in my opinion is complete garbage.

With the few times that I have been here, I have actually grown a small connection to the Raptors. Not enough that I can actually control them as Owen can, but enough that I'm not seen as a daytime snack.

Pushing open a door, I found myself on the catwalk, a couple of meters away from Owen. "Y/n?" He questioned as he moved away from one of the workers.

I jogged towards him as he pulled me into a tight hug. "Hi," I chuckled as I hugged him back, just as tight.

"What are you doing here? I didn't think you were coming till later?" He asked both confused and happy.

"Plane boarded earlier so... here I am," I informed him as I glanced towards the large field filled with trees, bushes and four hungry Raptors.

"Barry found you and everything?" He asked as he glanced over to the dark man who was talking to a bloated man across the catwalk.

"Yeah, everything is all good," I answered, "Is it feeding time yet?"

"You're just on time," Owen smiled as he led me towards the side of the catwalk before he moved more into the centre. "We're all good," He shouted and suddenly, a pig was released into the pen.