Chapter 6

Try to save him but risk his life, or just surrender. Come to think of it, I have no guarantee that if I surrender, they won't kill the cop. They are already planning to kill, so what will stop them now.

I grab my hair as if I will rip it off. A thousand thoughts flood my mind, faster than the speed of light. I still stand there looking at the guy with a blank look.

I just need to teleport and grab the guy so the blast can phase through us both. It's risky but worth trying, I don't have another choice. Any other thing will land me back in one of those pods or even worse, a cell.

"Tick-Tock, your time is running out. Decide already, we don't have all day!" he yells.

At that I just teleport but when I make it to the policeman, the Walking Weapon pulls the trigger before I could touch the man. The bullet hits the man straight in the forehead; it enters one side and exits through the other. Blood splatters on the floor as the bullets capsule drops to the ground.

The man falls as I appear and grab him. He's dead, and it's all my fault. The man lies there in a pool of his own blood.

If I hadn't tried being a hero, maybe, just maybe the cop wouldn't have died. He would still be alive. A hole opens up in my chest as what has happened just sinks in.

I shake, as I realise that I have just killed a man. My knees knock unto each other before they weaken and fall to the ground, hitting hard on the tar. Bile rises in my throat, I hold my hands over my mouth to stop from vomiting.

"You brought this out on yourself, I warned you," the Walking Weapon spits. "You're next but since we have orders not to kill you, we'll have to make you suffer instead," he continues.

I clench my fists, my teeth gritting as I look at the Walking Weapon. I'd swear steam is escaping from my ears as tears roll down my cheeks. Instead of just letting the anger consume me, I try my best to channel my anger and use it whilst focusing on the task at hand.

My eyes turn blue, and my body glows. It is like I can feel the energy inside of me whilst I still try to channel my anger. I stand up and throw a fist at the Walking Weapon; he catches the fist, but a light of blue energy in the form of a ball escapes from the front of my fist and blasts him away. He hits the wall far behind him with a thud.

I release the energy again, but this time it is a blast of energy, instead of a ball. I just let it flow out of my now open hands. I continuously shoot out the energy and now it is not in a ball shape but in a wave of energy.

As I look at the Walking Weapon, my eyes shoot their own energy to join with the one my hands are shooting. My eyes shoot up as if waking up from a nightmare, the anger I had disappears. I stop, I'm not the villain here, neither are they, what if I had killed him or something. The glow disappears from my eyes, as my senses come back to me.

I can smell smoke and the smell of burnt meat. The Walking Weapon is down with a torn suit and apparently, I didn't hurt him, badly. He lays with his back against the wall, his head tilted to one side.

His skin a shade of red and black, his body pulls his skin together. The process takes its time as if it doesn't want to make a mistake. Now I know it will be a while before he wakes up. I almost feel sorry for burning him like that, almost. I think the first ball of energy took him out, and the rest was just torture.

The Boulder looks at me with a smile, the smile a proud father gives to his son. Torch just flies in one place, watching. If they come one-by-one it will be all fine. There are still two guys that I haven't quite met in this group, but I still have The Boulder to worry about. My eyes continually land on them as I stand there.