Chapter 15

An eerie silence hovers over the trio after I tell them what happened. They ask me so many questions about the hooded guy, I could tell he worried them.

There are other people who know about nanobots out there, it isn't just the Controller and his goons. I don't want to focus much on the mysterious guy who saved me. I'm directing all my concentration on the Controller, and finding my bestfriend.

"I'm guessing you won't be going to school anytime soon," Danny says.

"Feel free to crash with us, we have loads of free rooms." Anna says

"Don't worry about me, I'll make a plan," I say, my mind wondering to other places.

I can't go back home, I know that they will look for me there. It is the first place they will look, so going there is just too much of a risk.

I'm lucky that no-one knows about my father's farm, I even doubt that it's registered in his name. Right now that is the only place in which I feel completely safe.

My face is all around the news, so going out isn't something I can do either. Until this is cleared, I am not free to go outside. They must think I killed Mr Young, but how do they explain all the damage to the court?

"Want some popcorn? We're about to watch a movie, it will help take your mind off things."

"Why not?"

***

I know that laying on my bed for the rest of the day won't solve anything. I also know that there is nothing I can do to change the situation. The government is out there searching for me, this case wasn't taken as just murder.

I think they know that nanobots were involved in this case somehow, the damage to the court doesn't help in proving otherwise.

Well I guess I finally got my dream, I'm famous. Famous for something I didn't even do, I stand up and walk around the house.

I fear even going back to Mac, staying on the farm for a while sounds like a good idea to me. In the past couple of days I have had some time to perfect my abilities and just think. The time I took away from everything really helped me get back on my feet.

"So what? I'm a wanted criminal."

I step out of the house and inhale some fresh air. A gentle breeze hits me as the door opens. A few clouds there and there but the sky was all blue.

A black smoke catches my eye, the smoke very far from the farm. Almost as far away as Mac. Then it hits me, what if it's the Controller again.

I run back into the house and grab a hoodie, my last one. I go invisible while teleporting to the direction of the smoke.

When I get there, it's not a building on fire like I had wished for. I stand still whilst watching guys in white destroy everything in sight.

I can hear the sirens, I know that they can't make any difference. I am shocked to hear the sound of helicopters in the air. The cops have come in full force and they are heavily equipped, all rushing to their death.

I do think they took it a little too far though, I'm afraid of the machine gun turrets on the helicopters. The cops are wearing full armor and are carrying big guns. There is no way this can end well.

Two black vans come from the opposite direction, and are clearly not working together with the cops. The vans arrive at the same time as the cops to the scene. The guys in white pause for a while and stop destroying everything.

They look to their left and see thr two vans, they look to their right and see the police cars and a helicopter. A cop on the helicopter holding an amplifier starts talking.