Chapter 22 Part 1

I took off the mask and stuffed it into my backpack, I haven't used this backpack in a while. I know I still have some clothes I left here.

Though it is my home, I still feel bad about entering without his mom knowing. I wear some jeans and a t-shirt and stuff most of his remaining clothes into the backpack. I don't however take of the suit, I just wear the clothes on top of it.

My room looks so clean now that I no longer live here. It looks so different, everything is neatly arranged. No clothes, socks or shoes laying around. Everything is just tidied up and in it's rightful place.

I don't want to stay long, I know my mother must still be at work, but entering here feels wrong. I feel like I'm breaking into a house I once called home. Gone are those days were it was all fun and games with my mother and father.

I miss those days, I wish I could reverse time. If only I had known that my father would leave him so fast. I would have appreciated him more, I see kids playing with their fathers. Their fathers playing soccer with their kids, and teaching them how to ride a bike. This a deep hole in my chest.

The last time I was here, I started getting mysterious notes. Notes I had no idea from who they came from, I understand how they got them into my locker.

How they managed to get my number iss still a mystery to me. I remember the last time I was at school, I had gotten into a big fight with my gym teacher. That's one thing some students wouldn't even try doing.

He remembers telling Sarah that I won't be going to class. After it was publicized that I somehow had something to do with Mr Young's murder, I haven't been out.

I don't know what happened to the investigation, it just all went up in smoke and disappeared. The organization or the Controller must've covered it up. That is the only thing that makes sense, it was all over the news on one day, the next it was gone.

I walk down the stairs to find a mess downstairs, the rooms look so different from the last time I saw them. The tv screen is broken and it is on the floor, the table on the dining room has been broken in half.

Some chairs have also been broken, something clearly is wrong. My mother would never let the house be like this. It looks as if a fight had happened in the house.

Everything is either tipped over or broken, from plates, glasses and cupboards. I walk around kicking the pillow on the floor near my mother's favourite couch.

I pick up the pillow and place it on the couch. I walk to the kitchen, I dart over all the broken glass on the floor I see that the fridge that has been tilted over and is laying sideways on the floor.

He walks over to it to notice the note he had written pinned on the fridge. Over the note, was another note. I could recognize my mother's hand writing. The paper read:

I know you didn't do it son, I don't think you're capable of murder. I know you've ran because of fear, but of you're reading this, stay. Don't leave, we can sort this out with the police together.

I remove the note from the fride, I place the note on the only that isn't broken in the house, the microwave. This way my mother will know I've been home.

I still don't know what caused this mess, and I am not staying around to find out.

"Shaun, I think it would be best if you attack the second lab now," a woman says in his earpiece. Shaun takes a wild guess that it is the Controller in one of his forms. The sooner we finish the attacks on these labs, the sooner they can go straight into this organization's base.

I'm one step closer to doing something I have been struggling with ever since I woke up in the ocean, saving my friend.

"Why?" I ask, even though I want to do it now, I just want to know his reason.

"Due to the recent attack, they have increased security at both their remaining facilities. I doubt you'll be able to attack both and get away with it, just attacking one of them is already a big risk."

"You still want me to destroy it even if I'm risking getting captured?"

"You won't be alone this time. Meet me at the spot you got taken. I want you to meet the people you'll be working with."

"I'm there," I say as I teleport to the place I was kidnapped in.

"Look up," the woman says in my earpiece.

I see a helicopter flying up above, surprised at this. How is it that I did not hear the sounds of it from above? A ladder descends from the helicopter above, I grab a hold of the ladder and take a few steps up, "Hold on tight."

The helicopter moves up and starts moving. The city looks so beautiful from above, the sun setting on the horizon. The beauty it bestows, in a city filled with monstrous creatures and superpowered beings.

All of these hidden in this city, or the cities neighbouring the city. It's a beautiful sight, one that hides terrible monstrosities that could rip you apart without putting much effort into it.

The helicopter moves down to make a landing on a skyscraper. This is by far one of the tallest buildings in Mac. Shaun jumps down first, and makes way for the helicopter that is about to land.

The wind forces me to cover my eyes with the back of my hand. This is a different place from the one the Controller previously brought me to.

The Controller definitely will wipe my memory of this place, the guy really has trust issues. I don't like the Controller snooping around my brain, or anyone for that matter. The idea just gives me the creeps.

The door of the helicopter slides open, I blink and standing infront of me is Andrew. He stands with a smile running from ear to ear, I take a step back, almost almost losing my balance.

Danny and Anna also exit from the helicopter, follwed by the Controller in a black suit. He looks much like a business man with too much hair gel, the man is square jawed and tall. Only the look in the man's eyes makes me sure that it's him.

"Andrew, Daniel, and Annabelle, what are you doing here?"